Looking for a new mid priced video card

I know you prefer nVidia, but have a look at the gigabyte hd7700. I have rev. 2 of that card and it does everything I want it to with 0 issues. I play bf3 and wow mainly, in 1920x1080 res.

You've chosen a decent card. In the future when you want to play newer games (probably near future) you can keep it when you upgrade your cpu, ram, motherboard and maybe psu.

I wouldn't recommend getting a higher resolution monitor until you upgrade your CPU.

edit: sorry if you said, but what powersupply do you have (if you know)

My PSU is actually something I thought about.....but I think it will hold :)

I have a Seasonic at 600W. The thing Im running 5 HDDs but the card requires a 400W. I think it will hold :)

I know you prefer nVidia, but have a look at the gigabyte hd7700. I have rev. 2 of that card and it does everything I want it to with 0 issues. I play bf3 and wow mainly, in 1920x1080 res.

I didn't prefer NVidia per say, I just choose them because their drivers usually support older cards even if unofficially.

Well the card arrived yesterday :) Came with a molex to 6 pin adapter which was VERY handly because I think my PSU has the 6 pin adapter for the video card but just makes it easier in general to molex it.

It fit perfectly after moving the sound card down. I was actually inserting it with the plastic cover still on the PCI-E connector :laugh:

Fired up Hitman: Absolution (got it for this game, Bioshock Infinite and GTA5) and I have to say graphics looked pretty good :) It detected everything and set it to medium (mostly everything to medium; Nothing low although a few higher end things were disabled but I don't care much nor does my display resolution).

Assassins Creed 3 came free with this game but if someone wants it, I can go ahead and sell it to them. Don't really care much for that game.

Also, VERY quiet compared to my X1600 Pro (and my X1600 Pro was quiet!). Surprised me a lot.

The latest drivers from NVidia just added support for this card so it feels good to have the newest and latest (even if its not the greatest) card :)

I did not play yesterday (my girlfriend is a lot better than a bald guy with a bar code on his head) but I think today Ill get some game time in :)

Thanks to all that helped out :)