5 posts in this topic

Posted

Police in Friesland have arrested a local man in connection with the rape and murder of a 16-year-old girl in 1999.

The man was picked up following the mass dna testing of men living close to the field where Marianne Vaatstra's body was found.

According to television crime reporter Peter R de Vries, who has been central to keeping the case open, the dna match is 100%.

Posted

Thanks to Peter R de Vries the case is now solved.

Posted

Why would he voluntarily give his dna if he did it?

You gotta love forensics these days though, it's amazing what police can do :)

Posted

think I'll wait for the confession, he couldn't possibly be that stupid, to have committed rape and murder, then freely give dna evidence that he should have known would point out his crime, regardless of how long ago it was.

Heck, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong and my heartiest congratulations go to Peter R de Vries, hopefully it might bring closure to the victim's family that the murderer is in custody and awaiting justice.

Posted

think I'll wait for the confession, he couldn't possibly be that stupid, to have committed murder, then freely give dna evidence that he should have known would point out his crime, regardless of how long ago it was.

Maybe he didn't understand DNA evidence or didn't think they had enough to match with him.