• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 +jamesyfx

jamesyfx

Neowinian Senior

• 8,383 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 20 November 2012 - 23:04

Yeah I don't describe myself as an adult per-se. My image of an adult is probably someone who goes to work, comes home and does nothing exciting in between.

... Actually that's more like 'loser'. :rofl: I like my fun, and I like occasionally being immature and spontaneous.

#62 Ryan Hoffman

Ryan Hoffman

Software Architect

• 616 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 23:10

I'm 25. I've been a member for 10 years, so I joined when I was 15! #winning

#63 Neowon

Neowon

Neowinian

• 69 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 23:25

I was once the youngest person on Neowin.

The opening day when it was just me and Redmak on the site :( lol :p

I remember when this site first came into play. Now if I can only remember my user/pass back then.

Edit: OPs other thread is what's your nationality. What's next? ASL? Lol. Please make a single thread with all your questions and we'll try our best to answer.

#64 Digitalfox

Digitalfox

Catch the fox, if you can...

• 986 posts
  • Phone: iPhone

Posted 20 November 2012 - 23:33

I was actually 17 when I had my first encounter with Neowin... Almost 12 years ago ......... :D :huh: :o :s :| :cry:

#65 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 23:35

Na, I think it is almost everyone. It's pretty funny I think, especially when I watch my friends with kids. All I can think is, " This is just one kid watching another." :p
It's just crazy the perception we have of others and then of our own self. Sure, we have matured, learned, and aged... ( At least some of us have :p ), but in the end, in our own mind, we are still young. I just wonder how long this last and if it ever "updates". It just blows my mind to think, Does my 80 year old grandparents still see themselves as they were when they were teenagers? Will I when I'm at that age? Will others just see me as the old guy or do they now?

Huh. I've had those thoughts a lot myself. I've always wondered if kids now see me the way I used to see (and still see specific) adults.

Like for instance...my mom had me when she was 20. My dad (technically stepdad, but I just think of him as my dad) was about 27/28 when he came into the picture...when I was only about 3 or 4. So that means I'm now older than they both were...and oddly enough I don't feel like I've reached the level I thought they were at when I was growing up.

Then again I just always thought I was one of the few odd ones that for some reason felt stuck younger than I am and that I was a weirdo for it and just managed to mask it fairly well. :p

#66 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 23:51

Huh. I've had those thoughts a lot myself. I've always wondered if kids now see me the way I used to see (and still see specific) adults.

Like for instance...my mom had me when she was 20. My dad (technically stepdad, but I just think of him as my dad) was about 27/28 when he came into the picture...when I was only about 3 or 4. So that means I'm now older than they both were...and oddly enough I don't feel like I've reached the level I thought they were at when I was growing up.

Then again I just always thought I was one of the few odd ones that for some reason felt stuck younger than I am and that I was a weirdo for it and just managed to mask it fairly well. :p

Same here. Compared to the adults I was around growing up, it hasn't seemed like I reached the level that I viewed them, even though I'm older now than they were.
But I feel that I don't mask it. I'm still very young at heart. Love cartoons, games, full of energy and jokes. I wear tshirts of Ninja Turtles or Adventure Time :p

#67 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 23:56

Same here. Compared to the adults I was around growing up, it hasn't seemed like I reached the level that I viewed them, even though I'm older now than they were.
But I feel that I don't mask it. I'm still very young at heart. Love cartoons, games, full of energy and jokes. I wear tshirts of Ninja Turtles or Adventure Time :p

Oh yeah I just meant on a professional level (work) I mask it when need be.

I still wear my fun logo'd shirts, play video games, drink more soda than I should, watch cartoons, hate cleaning my room, etc. Heck I'm even secure enough to admit that I still have a stuffed animal around, yes in my 30's.

I'm just waiting for someone to ask if I still live in my mom's basement or something...which of course the answer is no. :p

#68 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 00:18

I was actually 17 when I had my first encounter with Neowin... Almost 12 years ago ......... :D :huh: :o :s :| :cry:

So many of you guys almost grew up on Neowin.

#69 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

I'm sorry, do you still exist?

• 1,776 posts
  • Phone: Stock LG Nexus 5

Posted 21 November 2012 - 00:41

32 here. I get carded once in a while, especially when I shave. I <3 looking young Lol

#70 DR3AMxCATCHER

DR3AMxCATCHER

Conflict Will Arise But The Faithful Will Survive

• 2,204 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:25

I discovered Neowin actually when I was about 13 years old. I never got the courage to register until a few years ago though. :)

#71 Haggis

Haggis

Neowinian Senior

• 2,565 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (i9305)

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:57

I am 29

been lurking on here since i was about 21/22

Oh and the age of kids does not count

our oldest is 19 lol :p and youngest is to be born in 3 weeks

#72 Dan~

Dan~

Neowinian Senior

• 2,668 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:58

xlnt

#73 vetLaura

Laura

Fwoomp

• 13,306 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 15:38

I am 21 ... mentally ...

#74 Richard C.

Richard C.

Neowinian Senior

• 3,652 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 22 November 2012 - 00:32

Too old for words :(

#75 Denis W.

Denis W.

The True North!

• 16,362 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 22 November 2012 - 00:42

Someone's age really doesn't matter... until you need to throw an ad hominem attack in their direction. Members and staff alike are victims of this. To members though, if you're anywhere older than 18 please do the community a favour and don't let others automatically assume you're 12 for acting like an idiot. :p

Oh right, we're listing ages here? Joined shortly after I turned 16 and am now 23. Doesn't feel like seven years at all. I am sure myself and other longtime members in this thread will be embarassed by some of the posts they made in their first years.