PSVita Firmware 2.00 Live

The new 2.00 update is now live for the Vita with some nice improvements (most notably PS+). The browser is so much better, like miles better than what the old one used to be. Here's a quick before and after (I verified these were accurate, though the pics are from neogaf). Also finding it to be a bit snappier in a few places here and there (Near seems to be much quicker, Trophies Data loads quicker, etc..). I also recommend downloading the newest copy of the Content Manager Assistant for PC if you use it, update here. I believe you would likely need the newest version (v2.00.5976.25) to set up the wireless syncing option, which was much easier to setup than i was expecting.

BEFORE (firmware 1.81)

8201012979_46aaae9171.jpg

AFTER (firmware 2.00)

8202106724_32352b622c.jpg

OFFICIAL UPDATE NOTES

• Support for PlayStation Plus has been added.
  • [Email] has been added to the home screen.
  • You can now transfer content between the PS Vita system and a PC using Wi-FI.
  • You can now transfer a folder from a PS3 system or a PC to the PS Vita system.
  • [Maps] can now display weather information.
  • The display performance in [Browser] has been significantly improved.
  • The buttons on the PS Vita system can now be used with more applications.
  • In [Settings], you can now set how you will be alerted depending on the notification type.
  • Turkish has been added as a system language.
  • In addition, the usability of many features has been improved.

Oh nice, will download this tonight when I get home from work. I may actually use the browser now. :laugh:

i read that this fw was due out yesterday, the 19th. tried to update my vita periodically all night and nothing. i guess they lied :p

compl3x - the PS Store is supposed to be updated some time today. after it is, we should see the new section and 'free' games.

Nice. + was easy to get to in the store, downloading Jet Set Radio and Blob game now. (Y)

Will grab uncharted overnight for sure.