What is this 'UPlay' thing?

Uplay is a service created by Ubisoft to provide an experience similar to the trophies or achievements offered by various other games companies. The service is provided across various platforms, being the PC, Mac, PS3, Xbox 360, Facebook, iPhone, iPad, and OnLive, and is currently in beta stage.

Each Uplay enabled game has four specific actions that can be accomplished, earning Uplay points, which are referred to as "Units". Each action can grant from 5 to 40 Units, which can then be used to unlock game-related rewards; though the Units are not bound to the specific games they were earned in, and may be used to purchase rewards from any available Uplay supported game

(Source)

It's an abomination, losses saves constantly too.

Yeah that's Steam alright. ;)

Uplay has worked fine for me, at any rate. It probably was an abomination at first...much like everything else was at first.

Another obnoxious form of DRM, my friend. It is always so wonderful to buy a game in Steam, one form of DRM, then have to open another form of DRM, uPlay, to load a game.

You seems like a pretty avid gamer, Muhammad, I would have thought you would have come across uplay by now.

It's basically a universal platform-independent Ubisoft achievement system. Usually involving 4 of the typical MS/Sony/Steam achievements. It gives you points, that you can trade in for things like maps, skins, themes, or things like pouches in AC. I've gotten Uplay points through Ubi facebook games that I used for things in PS3 games.

It's basically a universal platform-independent Ubisoft achievement system. Usually involving 4 of the typical MS/Sony/Steam achievements. It gives you points, that you can trade in for things like maps, skins, themes, or things like pouches in AC. I've gotten Uplay points through Ubi facebook games that I used for things in PS3 games.

I rather like that bit. Most of it isn't all that impressive but I got some neat Splinter Cell wallpaper sets for my comp.

I don't think I have played a single title from Ubisioft, since the original Assassins Creed on PC. That might be the sole reason for me not knowing about it

Another obnoxious form of DRM, my friend. It is always so wonderful to buy a game in Steam, one form of DRM, then have to open another form of DRM, uPlay, to load a game.

Thats the part that made me wanna smash a baseball bat at Ubisoft