Jared Cano was arrested and will be charged on Dec. 5.
Jared Cano was arrested last year after a friend tipped off police about his plot to set off bombs and shoot students and teachers
Freedom High School in Tampa.
Florida authorities have released chilling cell phone videos of a local teen bragging about his plans to carry out a Columbine-style massacre at his former high school.
Jared Cano was arrested last year after a friend tipped off police about his plot to set off bombs and shoot students and teachers Freedom High School in Tampa.
In the video, the then-17-year-old Cano bragged about his plan and showed off a series of drawings diagramming where he plotted to set bombs and open fire.
The teen introduces himself as Jared Cano “the Freedom High School shooter...or I will be in a couple months.”
Clips of the video were broadcast on local television station WTSP.
"I thought I'd just run over my game plan with you all," he said, displaying a journal with a hand-drawn map of the school’s cafeteria, which has marks in the corners where Cano said he planned to set explosives.
"My plan is to set a bomb here, point A, here at point B, point C and point D,” he said. “Then I got to get to the side entrance of the school by 7:24. The bombs blow at 7:26," he said.
"I'm going come in and advance on the courtyard where there'll probably be at least sixty people," he said.
Later, he explains a plan to gather a stash of hidden weapons, storm an administrative office and kill everyone inside except one man, whom WTSP-TV identified as Mr. Pears.
“I got to make sure he doesn’t die because I like him,” he said.
Cano, who had been expelled from the school, fantasized that the attack would kill more people than the shootings at Columbine, Virginia Tech and the massacre at the summer camp in Norway in 2011.
He planned to commit suicide after killing as many people as he could, he said.
“I can’t wait to die,” Cano said in one video, filmed while he took hits of marijuana.
Cano faces 30 years in prison after pleading no contest last month to two counts of plotting to set off bombs, as well as drug possession charges stemming from a search of his house in August 2011.
He’s due to be sentenced on December 5.
At October hearing, Cano’s lawyers said he never would have carried out the attack.
http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1204626 (Watch the video here).