Photoshop pros?

Question

I'm not sure where I should have put this but I need help!! I'm pretty much done with my website but just need to clean an image up.

Here is the screen shot of what it looks like on my website:

post-111965-0-58042700-1353460983.jpg

And I'll upload the original picture. I want all that white space gone. Is this much of a task? Thanks for any help and if you can't help, thanks for viewing the topic!

Here is the original.

http://ultramegabit....ils/s_8A2N96D-g

10 answers to this question

Can you host your image on a better image host?

something like imgur or tinypic

Not sure what your getting at as I havent seen the original image. I hate those hosts with timers, ads and captcha so I just closed it

Really 15 seconds and a captcha and you closed it? Sure they are annoying but hey its not as bad as waiting 60seconds or even 2hours like i sometimes get!

Anyway here is the image on tinypic, i would of done it myself but i dont have ps installed and too lazy to connect the other hd up.

http://i48.tinypic.com/swy695.png

Yeah I closed it. I dont trust them. I've seen far too many that end up asking you to do a survey to get your download or do a survey and there is no download. Even download some ****ty bloatware to get your pic. So as soon as I saw it I just closed it. Could be anything.

Dont see the need for using those hosts when there are better free ones which dont ask you to do anything to see the picture.

Anyway, OP can you elaborate on what you are trying to do?

Is it cutting the people out from the background?

• Like 1

Yeah I closed it. I dont trust them. I've seen far too many that end up asking you to do a survey to get your download or do a survey and there is no download. Even download some ****ty bloatware to get your pic. So as soon as I saw it I just closed it. Could be anything.

Dont see the need for using those hosts when there are better free ones which dont ask you to do anything to see the picture.

Anyway, OP can you elaborate on what you are trying to do?

Is it cutting the people out from the background?

He wants the people to be cut out of the white background without showing the white outline around the people... which you see in OP's photo in first post.

• Like 2

Sorry it took me so long to respond guys, been workin. But yeah I want them cut from the white background if at all possible. When I put it to a dark background it looks funny. It isn't cut right.

Sorry it took me so long to respond guys, been workin. But yeah I want them cut from the white background if at all possible. When I put it to a dark background it looks funny. It isn't cut right.

If you used Photoshop, the easiest thing to do may be to use the magic wand again to select the white background and adjust the tolerance to get it as close as you can to the non-white edges. Then under the select menu, you can shrink the selection by say a Pixel and see what you get.

There are plugins that can give better results but for one image you probably don't want to bother with that. There's also things you can do with blurring the edges and you may want to try putting them on the dark background in Photoshop and explore blending options. I've been out of Photoshop for a while now but I hope that helps.

• Like 1

I messed around with it for a few minutes. Hopefully the result is satisfactory enough for you to use.

http://dl.dropbox.co...79/swy695-1.png

Well done. was just about to have a go at it.

OP for future perhaps BoneyardBrew can give you some more advice but what I do is either use magic wand - if the edges are clear and precise. Otherwise for cutting out something like a hi-res woman with wavy hair, i would use the magnetic lasso tool and just go round it manually.

then invert selection and delete background. Then contract selection/feather selection/use blur tool.

sometimes if I am struggling to get a nice finish, an outer glow helps hide it a little.

• Like 1

Well done. was just about to have a go at it.

OP for future perhaps BoneyardBrew can give you some more advice but what I do is either use magic wand - if the edges are clear and precise. Otherwise for cutting out something like a hi-res woman with wavy hair, i would use the magnetic lasso tool and just go round it manually.

then invert selection and delete background. Then contract selection/feather selection/use blur tool.

sometimes if I am struggling to get a nice finish, an outer glow helps hide it a little.

Good tips, Guth. For the purpose of this quick fix I used the Refine Edge feature and created two versions, a sharper one for the upper portion of the image and a more feathered version for the bottom. This kept the integrity of the hands and fingers while getting rid of some of the nasty pixels along the legs. I used layer masks to combine these and did some manual blending where necessary.

Thanks everyone! BoneyardBrew it's awesome!! Thanks!

You're welcome! Enjoy!