'Home Alone' named the UK's favourite Christmas movie

YQ9kG.jpg

A new survey has found that Home Alone is the nation's favourite Christmas film.

Video-on-demand service blinkbox's survey of 2,000 adults revealed that Christmas is the time we watch the most television, with the average adult spending five and a half hours a day in front of the TV over the festive period.

The poll also asked participants about their viewing habits over the Yuletide period, and discovered that 78% of people like to watch the same movie every Christmas.

Home Alone emerged as the favourite movie for families to watch over Christmas, winning 28% of the total vote. Close behind was the classic Raymond Briggs animation The Snowman, with 27% of the vote.

Rounding out the top five were Miracle on 34th Street (26%), Elf (20%), and Love Actually (18%). Star Keira Knightley recently revealed her delight at the romcom becoming an established holiday classic.

The findings also revealed that the majority of British adults (53%) admit they have seen some movies and TV shows so many times that they can recite the actors' lines verbatim.

Additionally, it was discovered that nearly half of us (49%) will watch 25 hours of repeats over a 10-day period.

Home Alone came second to The Muppet Christmas Carol in Digital Spy's run-down of readers' top Christmas films last year.

Source

Barf -- Christmas movies in general.

And the same goes with christmas decorations while I'm at it, waste of space and they make a horrible mess.

BAH HUMBUG.

same I hate christmas more for personal reasons but yeah christmas sucks

While i do like Home Alone and Home Alone 2.

It isn't the greatest. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, for me.

Every year i moan it is on but i still watch it and laugh. Another film i watch also is Batteries Not Included. That is usually on around christmas time too.

• Like 2

Seriously? I thought they'd pick something like Scrooge (1951), which is one of the best, if not the best adaptations of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol!

I forgot to say...

But I still like getting presents.

I think we should change it's name to Consumermas.

And everyone knows the best Christmas movie is The Muppet Christmas Carol.

Along with "A Muppet Christmas: Letters to Santa" & "It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" & " A Muppet Family Christmas"

Not forgetting Bad Santa, Fred Claus & Scrooged.

Yes! Home Alone is something I watch EVERY christmas... I love it.

As a polar opposite, Die Hard is my other favourite christmas movie ;)

A yearly tradition for me! (Y)

And most of the others mentioned in this thread. Although my girlfriend is working in Liverpool until Xmas, so wont have to watch them all this year.

I'd go with Christmas Vacation, Scrooged, Lethal Weapon (which is a Christmas movie as far as I'm concerned) and Bad Santa over Home Alone.

But I still like Home Alone.

bull****! Harold & Kumar's Christmas movie > *

I didn't like that as much I wanted to plus it reminds me of bad times (received the call my dad had died during that movie :( )