Which device ?

920 = Best device, specs wise.

HTC 8x = better looking device.

Ativ s = Micro-SD and removable battery.

I really wish there was a micro-sd slot on both the 8X and the 920.

Which one should I get ?

post-318242-0-26082200-1353515726.png

Just got back from the ATT store, I figured the Nokia would win me but I'm going to have to hand it to the HTC. Both are good devices but the 920 is quite a bit heavier (+2oz) and I didn't care for the slightly elevated button positions on the front (+weak haptic) and moving all buttons to one side of the device. The camera did seem better on the 920 though so the bulk may be worth it. For $50, its hard to pass on the 920 but I'm thinking the extra $50 for the 16GB 8X will be my choice. The extra screen size only makes the new medium tile dimension seem even more ridiculous.

They all support microSD no?

No, only the low end WP8 because they only have 4 to 8 GB of internal storage.

I'll put 5(insert preferred currency denominator here) on either the HTC or the Samsung, not because I don't like Nokia, it'll outlast it's competition with ease, but I guess I'm old fashioned, and like having a removable (replacebale) battery and sd card funtionality, but hey, that's just me.

Edit, just for the record, Nokia Fanboy since 1993 (I think.... Got my first Nokia 2110 when I was 18, my S3 is the first non nokia device in decades)

• Like 1

Just got back from the ATT store, I figured the Nokia would win me but I'm going to have to hand it to the HTC. Both are good devices but the 920 is quite a bit heavier (+2oz) and I didn't care for the slightly elevated button positions on the front (+weak haptic) and moving all buttons to one side of the device. The camera did seem better on the 920 though so the bulk may be worth it. For $50, its hard to pass on the 920 but I'm thinking the extra $50 for the 16GB 8X will be my choice. The extra screen size only makes the new medium tile dimension seem even more ridiculous.

They all support microSD no?

Just a question...but what do you mean by slightly elevated button positions on the front for the 920? It uses capacitive buttons that are flush with the screen...

Considered the 8S then? Has a similar design to the 8X and also SD slot for more storage if that is your number 1 concern.

Obviously it's a bit smaller, lower resolution and doesn't have a front camera but if these aren't deal breakers it might be worth a look. It'll be cheaper too.

• Like 1

Just a question...but what do you mean by slightly elevated button positions on the front for the 920? It uses capacitive buttons that are flush with the screen...

The gap between the bottom of the device and the buttons (+y) is larger on the Nokia and with the weak haptic it seemed easier to miss the back key.

Where are the Surface phones damnit! Anyone know if the Samsung on ATT is coming soon? I think I really just want the screen, weight, and feel of the HTC with the camera and storage of the 920.

I got the pricing wrong on the 8X at ATT, its $200 for the 16GB and in hindsight the thin buttons and top power are steering me back to the 920 for $150 less. I do really like the idea of the Beats amp though, can anyone comment on that?

Oh I get what you're saying now...it took me a couple times of reading your new reply as well. You're saying that the buttons sit higher up from the bottom...but not that they are elevated off the surface of the device. Got it.

That's due to the length of most people's thumbs. It's meant to have a more natural travel position for the thumb. For some people it doesn't work out as well. :(

I would say the 920. I have the 920 and the screen with the 332ppi display is gorgeous. Also the camera rocks!! I do not mind the missing sd card because the phone has 32 gigabytes of storage.

If you do a lot of picture taking the 920 is worth it. Also I came from an iphone 4s and the 920 does not feel any heavier then that.

I have the perfect article for you

http://www.wpcentral.com/htc-8x-vs-nokia-lumia-920-signature-vs-flagship

They chose the 8x

You should consider the custom apps by the manufacturers too. I read that the Nokia maps is awesome and they have more apps too. I think they have a free music streaming app.

thanks everybody !

I would say the 920. I have the 920 and the screen with the 332ppi display is gorgeous. Also the camera rocks!! I do not mind the missing sd card because the phone has 32 gigabytes of storage.

If you do a lot of picture taking the 920 is worth it. Also I came from an iphone 4s and the 920 does not feel any heavier then that.

I have the perfect article for you

http://www.wpcentral...ure-vs-flagship

They chose the 8x

Nice review.

• 3 weeks later...