Obsessive Twilight fan to marry cardboard image of Edward Cullen

Obsessive Twilight fan Lauren Adkins always knew the film's vampire hero was a cut above her other boyfriends. So, rather than having Edward Cullen's poster on her wall, the 24-year-old is marrying a cardboard image of him in Las Vegas.

She's booked the minister, flowers and cake and there will be 50 guests attending.

She bought her groom for ?15 from a record shop in November 2010 and they've hardly spent a day apart. 'It's a beautiful, escapist fantasy, and I'm living it,' she said. 'I've also got the invitations sorted, and even have a beach honeymoon planned for me and my vampire hubby.

'I'm going through all the steps a normal bride does. It's absolutely real.'

Sadly, she had to forgo a formal proposal from her inflexible lover played by Robert Pattinson.

'I didn't ask him to marry me out loud, I didn't have to,' :wacko: said the art student.

'And I knew by his silence he'd said yes. Of course he'd say "yes".'

News of the ?2,000 wedding has spread in her home town of Memphis, Tennessee. 'My friends and family think I'm bonkers,' she said.

'A few of my ex-boyfriends found out and they're surprised I'm taking things this far, but they've always known I'm a massive romantic.'

The wedding will be at the Viva Las Vegas chapel on January 26.

source

She can marry a cardboard cut out, but if gays marry, its a horrible thing and goes against the tradition....

She can hire any minister, flowers and cake shop that wants to take her money but the marriage wont be official.

Guys, you got to respect her sexual orientation and her attraction to cardboard. Everyone here who is ridiculing her are crazy religious bigots who are stuck in the last century. If you want progress, you must accept that people are born differently, and it is her right to love whatever she wants. This is perfectly normal, and if it is true love, who are we to judge what they do on their own? This does NOT affect you in any way. The lack of respect of people in this thread is simply mind boggling. If she is happy with her choice, then all is good in this world.

Ok seriously now, she's crazy, rofl. Cardboard? I hope she brings an umbrella when they go out :laugh:

seems there is more to this story

"The wedding is performance art that has gone a bit haywire after the UK tabloids left out the fact that it is an art project.

"They are rewriting the story on their own volition to fit their perceived idea of this crazy female fanatic," Adkins said.

The wedding is performance art with a social comment on how the media shapes people's ideas.

Adkins said Edward Cullen represents an ideal many girls and women want of a protector. The character is inhumanly handsome, supportive, and possessive.

Lauren Adkins plans to marry the cardboard cutout of Edward Cullen January 26."

LaurenandEdward02_small_zps6f18d3fc.jpg

bedroom_sm.jpg

source http://www.kpho.com/story/20142740/memphis-twilight-fan-makes-international-headlines-with-art-project

• Like 2

seems there is more to this story

"The wedding is performance art that has gone a bit haywire after the UK tabloids left out the fact that it is an art project.

"They are rewriting the story on their own volition to fit their perceived idea of this crazy female fanatic," Adkins said.

The wedding is performance art with a social comment on how the media shapes people's ideas.

Adkins said Edward Cullen represents an ideal many girls and women want of a protector. The character is inhumanly handsome, supportive, and possessive.

Lauren Adkins plans to marry the cardboard cutout of Edward Cullen January 26."

source http://www.kpho.com/...ith-art-project

Fair enough. Though on the same token, very strange happenings have been done in the name of "art." Example: a story of a guy throwing around his blood in public.Now if we can pretend for a second she was serious, let's resume joking around:

Imagine if it was a dude marrying a cardboard chick. Would be a good idea in that case... it's easy to make holes in cardboard. Might need to sand down and soften the hole before use though ;)

I'm surprised you made it this far, too many occurances where a lot of us wanted to leave the planet but had no where else to go.

If only Mars was nearer!