iphone 5 OR Samsung Galaxy S3?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31 yo popcaan

yo popcaan

Neowinian

• 50 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:09

hey hey hey, no need to be rude here :/ I want a smartphone for the camera,gps,group txting,apps,etc. i have a stupid feature phone right now and it sucks when i get messages from friends and they show up as blank picture messages if someone sends a mass text and people reply to it!

Again, my piece of advice to you: Go to the store and try the phones yourself. Spend an hour or two shopping around and ask questions. Pretend that you will buy the phones on the spot like that you will get the sellers to explain everything in detail. I've seen way too many fanboys get created from threads like these. You only get to see one side of the coin if you don't see both types of phones and that's what sucks the most.

#32 OP lruggier

lruggier

Neowinian

• 111 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:12

Again, my piece of advice to you: Go to the store and try the phones yourself. Spend an hour or two shopping around and ask questions. Pretend that you will buy the phones on the spot like that you will get the sellers to explain everything in detail. I've seen way too many fanboys get created from threads like these. You only get to see one side of the coin if you don't see both types of phones and that's what sucks the most.

yeah, i have used my boyfriends S3 and my friends iphones they are just so cool and different its hard to decide which one i like better and want!

#33 fpd

fpd

Neowinian

• 455 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:34

hey hey hey, no need to be rude here :/ I want a smartphone for the camera,gps,group txting,apps,etc. i have a stupid feature phone right now and it sucks when i get messages from friends and they show up as blank picture messages if someone sends a mass text and people reply to it!
YA all my friends have iphones only my boyfriend has the S3 and he has made me want it but idk! i like both a lot! i just know i will never watch a tv show and surf the internet at the same time on my phone, id rather do that on my laptop with a bigger screen,so idk if i need the s3

While its cool to be in the "in crowd", I think both of those are overkill for your purpose. The Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 would be a great phone for your needs, its fast for a mid-range phone and its very pocketable. Plus accessories are available on amazon. If you want a higher end model, the Galaxy S2 and Google Nexus 4 are great options.

Between the S3 and iphone 5 its a close call, the S3 is better value for money, the iphone 5 is smaller and lighter. The S3 has expandable memory, which is great if you want to put lots of music on it. Some people prefer ios others prefer android, that's quite a personal choice.

#34 Luis Mazza

Luis Mazza

Neowinian

• 1,733 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:37

yeah, i have used my boyfriends S3 and my friends iphones they are just so cool and different its hard to decide which one i like better and want!

Get ONE feature you can't live without and choose the ONE and only.

#35 Asrokhel

Asrokhel

Neowinian

• 1,027 posts
  • OS: Windows 8 Pro x64 (testing to see if I keep it or go back to Windows 7)

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:50

The S3 has expandable storage through microSD, the iPhone has fixed storage. So, ultimately, you'd have more storage space on the S3.

#36 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,476 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:37

I prefer my S3 over the iPhone, but it's all dependent on what you would use your phone for.

#37 OP lruggier

lruggier

Neowinian

• 111 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:15

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GUYS THIS IS SUCH A HARD DECISION!! The iphone 5 is big and wont fit in my pocket all the way like the iphone 4S does ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#38 The_Observer

The_Observer

Apples, Bananas, Rhinoceros!

• 3,891 posts
  • Phone: iPhone5s

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:16

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GUYS THIS IS SUCH A HARD DECISION!! The iphone 5 is big and wont fit in my pocket all the way like the iphone 4S does ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the S3 is bigger!

#39 OP lruggier

lruggier

Neowinian

• 111 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:18

the S3 is bigger!

I KNOW! SO IF IT WONT FIT IN MY BACK POCKET SHOULD I JUST GET THE S3? AHHHHHHH IDK ANDROID IS HARD TO USE IM NOT A NERD I CANT DO IT

#40 Bizkit

Bizkit

Neowinian Senior

• 5,864 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:29

I KNOW! SO IF IT WONT FIT IN MY BACK POCKET SHOULD I JUST GET THE S3? AHHHHHHH IDK ANDROID IS HARD TO USE IM NOT A NERD I CANT DO IT

From everything you are saying, it sounds like you should get the iPhone. The S3 is better then the iPhone 5. You can get a phone and you have 14 days to exchange it on most carriers.

#41 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,119 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:50

I still don't see how you can say the Iphone 5 has a much better screen, when everything else says the contrary....

http://news.cnet.com...does-iphone-5s/

Everybody? There are plenty of reviews that say otherwise:
http://news.cnet.com...ad-iphone-wins/

I have an iPhone 5 and S3 sitting in front of me right now, and the S3 screen is pixilated and looks like absolute crap compared to the 5. It also suffers from oversaturation, but not as bad as the S2 was.
The S3 is big and bright, but quality-wise, it's mediocre at best.

#42 Phantom Spaceman

Phantom Spaceman

The Not So Fresh Prince

• 658 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:51

My 55 year old mother uses Android and always has. She's most definitely not a nerd.

#43 +virtorio

virtorio

4089 III

• 8,343 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:22

I wouldn't get either (I would get the Lumia 920), but out of those two the S3 is a more compelling product over the iPhone 5.

#44 Matrix XII

Matrix XII

System F

• 10,465 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:56

Based on your comments, get the iPhone 5. I just know you'll be happier with it.

That being said, I own an S3 and think it's great, I've had iPhone since 2007 and I'm so happy I made the switch to Android! Now if they would just give me an update to Jelly Bean!!!

#45 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:02

The S3 has expandable storage through microSD, the iPhone has fixed storage. So, ultimately, you'd have more storage space on the S3.

This would be a huge issue for me but not for my wife, who would be fine with fixed storage. I guess it depends on your needs.