iphone 5 OR Samsung Galaxy S3?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#46 :: Lyon ::

:: Lyon ::

Neowinian Senior

• 3,952 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:45

Android is a lot more customizable obviously, but iOS has better quality apps (in my opinion). Depends what you care more about.

This, basically

#47 The Guvnor

The Guvnor

Corl!! Stand Back!!

• 612 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 16GB, iPhone 4S 16GB, iPad Mini 16GB WiFi

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:48

But... Well.. Girls love the iPhone, so... :rolleyes:

Use the iPhone as bait to get girls & boink the living daylights outta them.

#48 OP lruggier

lruggier

Neowinian

• 111 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 16:49

GUYS! THE S3 IS ON SALE FOR $50 AT STAPLES TODAY. can the s3 and iphone send emojis back and forth?????

#49 mr_sock_00

mr_sock_00

Neowinian

• 259 posts
  • Phone: LG L7

Posted 23 November 2012 - 17:35

GUYS! THE S3 IS ON SALE FOR $50 AT STAPLES TODAY. can the s3 and iphone send emojis back and forth?????

You have to download GO SMS pro and the emoji plugin. It's possible with future updates with Jellybean etc this will be integrated.

If you aren't tech savvy, I suggest you buy iphone 5. But I know they had some quality control issues with manufacturing with this new model.

Since ur bf has S3 you can do the tap to transfer stuff. But S3's updates are slower than apple.
If you will be with your bf for a long time, maybe he can help you with technical support later on...

#50 benthebear

benthebear

Doin' manly things

• 1,763 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 23 November 2012 - 18:07

Again, my piece of advice to you: Go to the store and try the phones yourself. Spend an hour or two shopping around and ask questions. Pretend that you will buy the phones on the spot like that you will get the sellers to explain everything in detail. I've seen way too many fanboys get created from threads like these. You only get to see one side of the coin if you don't see both types of phones and that's what sucks the most.

Getting a commission based seller to explain things to you can created the wild fan boy too. Best thing to do is to keep the sales guy out of your decision making process because they're more likely to push whatever will get them the higher commission.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GUYS THIS IS SUCH A HARD DECISION!! The iphone 5 is big and wont fit in my pocket all the way like the iphone 4S does ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then why not get a 4s, or stick with it if you already have it? It sounds like you just want something new and shiny.

#51 nekrosoft13

nekrosoft13

NeKroSoft inc.

• 11,712 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 18:16

s3, no stopping the android, android market share is growing, while iphone is shrinking

more and more people are realizing that

#52 Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 18:28

#53 ashpowell

ashpowell

Neowinian

• 742 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 23 November 2012 - 18:29

Youtube S3 vs iPhone 5, look through a few to show you the features of each and to average out the biased opinions from both sides.

#54 spedanden

spedanden

Spedanden was his name-o

• 405 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 23 November 2012 - 18:37

I think the real issue here is the fact you are asking complete strangers to make a decision for you based on preference.

Now on the other hand, If you ask us if you should drink bleach, I'm pretty sure everyone (that isn't trolling) will say no.

#55 Axel

Axel

--[Est. 1986]--

• 5,444 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 18:52

From everything I've read here I'd say you'd be more content with the iPhone. Perhaps save some money and get the 4S if you want something a bit more compact and probably with the MOST accessories available at this time.

#56 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,322 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 18:59

Both amazing phones.

I had an S3 but gave it to my fiancée and bought an iPhone 5. I wanted something that would sync well with my iPad and something that I could use to talk to the mrs on her iPad using. Also like iCloud and being able to access iTunes directly from the phone!

I would've been less likely to buy an iPhone if Google Music had been available here at the time.

#57 OP lruggier

lruggier

Neowinian

• 111 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 20:04

guys i think i have an ocd problem

#58 +patseguin

patseguin

Neowin Addict

• 2,318 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 23 November 2012 - 20:12

I've tried both and the S3 is a far better phone.

#59 Bizkit

Bizkit

Neowinian Senior

• 5,864 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 21:31

I don't know why all these people are telling her to get a different phone. She is asking between 2 phones, stating that the 4G is one of the things she wants. 4S is a good phone, but no 4G, S3 is a great phone, but bigger then what she wants, the 5 is a great phone but not as open as the S3, but has way more accessories.

This is a no brainer, either go buy one and be done, or you will never decide. Flip a coin or buy it and use it for a week and if you don't like it get the other. Easy peasy.

#60 OP lruggier

lruggier

Neowinian

• 111 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 21:55

I don't know why all these people are telling her to get a different phone. She is asking between 2 phones, stating that the 4G is one of the things she wants. 4S is a good phone, but no 4G, S3 is a great phone, but bigger then what she wants, the 5 is a great phone but not as open as the S3, but has way more accessories.

This is a no brainer, either go buy one and be done, or you will never decide. Flip a coin or buy it and use it for a week and if you don't like it get the other. Easy peasy.

youre a genius. i can never pick. lol. but seriously, everyone keep posting your thoughts PLEASE! :) THANKS <3