Screw Instagram....

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 18 December 2012 - 13:24

One of the main reasons instagram is popular is that it blurs out details such as skin blemishes, giving the appearance of being more attractive.

I don't have any beef with removing skin blemishes, it's adding over the top effects that hands down ruin the photos! Heck i've even seen local newspapers use that "instagram blur". Even webpages with photoshop actions :/

I work in a photo department. I can't stand instagram because of the square photos. People are dumb as hell, "What do you mean my square photo gets cut off when I order a 4x6?". I spoke with a Fuji tech today, he agreed, square photos are something that should have died years ago and never been brought back. It's a non standard!

IIRC, wasn't there square film as well?

#17 Argote

Argote

Formerly known as ArtOf_War

• Phone: Galaxy Nexus

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:20

Well yeah, but it makes it easy for anyone to do it.

#18 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:32

Never used it - didn't see the point of it on Android.

#19 Phantom Spaceman

Phantom Spaceman

The Not So Fresh Prince

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:20

I don't have any beef with removing skin blemishes, it's adding over the top effects that hands down ruin the photos! Heck i've even seen local newspapers use that "instagram blur". Even webpages with photoshop actions :/

IIRC, wasn't there square film as well?

Yup there's square film, and today I did some square slides. They're pretty much dead and gone though until this instagram thing started it back up.

#20 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 January 2013 - 15:39

I work in a photo department. I can't stand instagram because of the square photos. People are dumb as hell, "What do you mean my square photo gets cut off when I order a 4x6?". I spoke with a Fuji tech today, he agreed, square photos are something that should have died years ago and never been brought back. It's a non standard!

I like square photos myself. Non standard? I can get them printed at home or at the lab I use.

Parents love it when I put in a frame.

I thought wet plates are square too. Those are still around.

#21 qdave

qdave

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 January 2013 - 00:04

I have one of these:
Posted Image

haven't used it since childhood. I guess I would look quite hip by ditching my d90 to this :p