What's missing?(Win8 Pro with Media Center)

What's missing in the picture below? Remember, this is a Windows 8 Pro with Media Center. So take a look and tell me what's missing:

post-248407-0-01737400-1353562196.jpg

first glance, (to an untrained eye)

The E: drive?

no that's there, click on the picture, it's cut off on the page because it's too big
  • Like 1

no that's there, click on the picture, it's cut off on the page because it's too big

Ahh, ok I see the rest of the pic now, and sorry, I'm a novice so probably not seeing the 'issue' (for lack of a better word)

• Like 1

Ahh, ok I see the rest of the pic now, and sorry, I'm a novice so probably not seeing the 'issue' (for lack of a better word)

yeah I'm not sure what the OP's trying to get at either

Ok. The small unmarked partition that usually proceeds the C:. In Win7, it's usually about 150mb. In Win8 it's usually about 300-350mb.

That unmarked partition is the OEM partition, if you did your own install, that wouldn't be there.....or at least you could get rid of it....

That unmarked partition is the OEM partition, if you did your own install, that wouldn't be there.....or at least you could get rid of it....

Really now? Don't have an OEM and I have always had the unmarked partition at the front of the drive in Win7 and Win8. Now, that partition was there utinl recently. I never removed and I don't have any issues, with my install. So if that's the case, why the Hell does Win7 and Win8 always make it?

I really don't care what happened to it. But anyways.

Yeah, that's weird. Was this installed on a machine that already had a formatted partition? if so, then that's why you don't have the recovery partition.

That partition was there the last time I looked. Now it's just gone. Also, the partition that is gone, isn't the recovery partition.

yeah the recovery partition is completely optional, most of the time OEMs are the only ones that bother activating it

Right, I meant to say System Reserve for the recovery environment. My bad.