Off to a terrible start!

Hello everybody, I have been a lurker on neowin for 5 years and finally decided to give in and join. I am a tech enthusiast with my figures dipped in almost all* ecosystems (Windows, Mac, Android, Windows Phone and even bada!). Hope to have fun and not get banned after my first post again!

Let me explain the 'terrible start' part:

I created an account last night with the name BitterPlutonium and left my 'hello all' post which said the same thing the first paragraph of this post tries to say. When I tried logging in this morning, I couldn't. I was greeted with the following code:

[#1000B] You are not allowed to visit this community.

It took me some time to figure out that I could have been banned with a run of just 1 post :cry: .I think this happened because I linked my blog in my signature. I guess this violated some forum rule and thus I was blocked/banned. But a ban without a warning seems a bit too harsh. If it was the link to my blog which got me banned, I would have taken it down, if told. Anyway, I am here again!

:D

I'm not sure if that error means you were banned. I suspect it may just be a cookie/session error.

If you get banned you'd get more than that. You'd also get an email.

You aren't allowed to create multiple accounts if you get banned, I don't expect this account will last long either.

But it was an innocent mistake. I still don't know for sure what I was banned for. Its just my guess that it was my blog's link in my signature. Had I known that its against the forum rules, I would have never put it there.I don't think that is an offence serious enough to ban me from neowin for life!

I'm not sure if that error means you were banned. I suspect it may just be a cookie/session error.

If you get banned you'd get more than that. You'd also get an email.

I got no mail and my thread was gone + the error message. So I am assuming I was banned. I just hope it was a cookie/session error or some other kind of error.

Mistake or not, if you are banned you are banned.

Oh no! This isn't a fascist country. I am sure the neowin mods are much more reasonable. :)

Welcome to Neowin MassiveNeutron. Try the contact page at https://www.neowin.net/contact/ if you have any problems, I got help almost instantly when I had problems logging in one time.

Thanks. Ill try that immediately..