Platinum = 2 new Ribbon color background+mouse over/pressed colors + theme

Platinum = 2 new Ribbon color background+mouse over/pressed colors + theme for windows 8 rtm

Platinum is an os x style theme for Windows 8 rtm , inspired from the mac os X and made under my personal view.

Contains :

New ribbon normal background and selected images.

This version include 2 color versions of normal ribbon appearance, a white and a black , so you have to choose which one you like, so install it using installation text that included.

New navigation pane selected text colors.

New folderband for the 'Games' window.

=======================

Made by Pavlos Pitselas , November 2012.

Made in Greece.

--------------------------------------

platinum_theme_for_windows_8_rtm_by_zeusosx-d5lu9bo.jpg

----------------------------------------

Download http://zeusosx.devia...8-rtm-339014580

Thanks for donating.

===================

My bugbear with this is that it doesn't properly indicate what apps are running on the superbar. It highlights the one with the open Window, but not ones that are open in the background. That's pretty essential for me.

My bugbear with this is that it doesn't properly indicate what apps are running on the superbar. It highlights the one with the open Window, but not ones that are open in the background. That's pretty essential for me.

I updated it , adding the images for knowing , and be seen on taskbar, all the windows that are used, active and not active. http://zeusosx.devia...8-rtm-339014580

The reason that in my themes on 7 and 8, i preffered not look all but only the current active was that if you open alot of windows , the taskbar dont look very 'clean', its a bit confusing> for that reason to the version here, inverse from the design of microsoft, i made the normal current active window to have in taskbar a white background, instead of the transparent of the rest used windows/aplications.

------------------------

new updated version http://zeusosx.devia...8-rtm-339014580

26/11/2012 minor changes to visual style's images.

3rd party Application such as Corel draw, Corel Photo Paint x6 etc have now an ios style menu.

some 3rd party applications such as the CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6, are using some 'unusual' under my opinion parts of the visual style.

infact they use the 'taskbar' of the basic theme, which contained to images that on past used for the windows vista section> included to a section of the visual style of windows 8.

The problem is that they do not also take the text color property of the same section. As i used white style background, to that part, the text could not be read, so i changed my style so to be read> i choose a blue gray like those of ios but lighter version and in gradient mode such that of mac osx.

then i changed the 'ReadOnly' button [ in normal microsoft's aero it is the image 528], which its second > mouse over/hot section , infact a part of it, not all> gives the background of the minor menu in top right, where its wrtten 'Hints' [with black text]> as also i changed the min, max,close buttons that contained [infact we see in screenshot, the close and the min inactive one] to the minor menu which just described.

To the main Menu the mouse over/pressed text color and the mouse over/pressed images work but unfotunately there is not chance to change the mouse over color when we open from the menu File, Edit, etc then all active text colors , normal, mouse over, mouse pressed etc takes color property from the same source except the inactive one. So the mouse over text blue images have only black text to this section> . all this happening because each company is using a custom version of designing based to microsoft aero, and even that to a very ''custom'' way.

30146548.jpg

=======================

so that the new version of the updated themes offers, is an as possible compatibility with 3rd party applications, such as the CorelDRAW Graphics Suite.

=========