win8 doesnt install tried everything

Hi i have ACER ASPIRE v5-431 laptop.

i have installed Win 7, ubuntu, xp, vista.

But when i try to install Windows 8, it just doesnt install.

it gives me following error :

4t7rxe.jpg

i Tried everything.

i performed a Clean install {deleted all partitions & installed on a new partition}

i even used ACER just UPGRADE ASSISTANT.

But still all in vain

The OS doesnt install.

i tried freaking 15 times just trying to install that OS but still it just doesnt install.

Can anyone pls help me out how can i install this OS ?

Have you tested the health of your hard drive ?

Ran a scan of the drive surface, checking for bad sectors ?

Have you checked the tightness of the hard drive ?

Have you tried reseating the RAM ?

It does seem like a hardware/driver problem.

This seems to be a common error with windows 7 as well as windows 8 and generally it's your RAM or Bios settings as far as I can see. Take the RAM out and make sure that it's seated properly (Try one module at a time and see if that get's you past this error.) Run a mem test and see what happens! What sort of RAM do you have, do you know? Also in the BIOS reset everything to default, if you are using AHCI reset this back and save again. Make sure that the RAM timings and Voltages are correct for the memory type that you have installed on the PC.

anyone try to install it from pen drive when you have this problem... that normally helps... I did it to a client's acer laptop.... no cd's worked... vista, server 2008, 7, 2008R2, and 8 CP and DP and RTM.... etc...

but when I tried a USB Pen drive it worked....

anyone try to install it from pen drive when you have this problem... that normally helps... I did it to a client's acer laptop.... no cd's worked... vista, server 2008, 7, 2008R2, and 8 CP and DP and RTM.... etc...

but when I tried a USB Pen drive it worked....

Just a note on USB installs. If your USB stick supports read only mode, do not enable it. For some reason, USB install's for windows 7/8 write a install log to the USB stick.

Just a note on USB installs. If your USB stick supports read only mode, do not enable it. For some reason, USB install's for windows 7/8 write a install log to the USB stick.

I use the usb tool from the microsoft store to make mine... very nice tool... and I never use the read only mode thing... but thanks for telling everyone ;)

Looks like you have a processor thay is older than the NX bit flag in Intel processors providing DEP protection. If so, you cannot install Windows 8 on systems with those processors. Verify your processor as this is similar to what will happen on install.

did not see the IRQ NOT LESS EQUAL, check memory if you can and hard disk. are you installing x32 or x64?

I get the same error on a Dell Dimemsion 8300, the Dell 8300 will Install and run Windows 7 with no problems.

Not sure if he dimension line is numbered in line with the inspiron line, but I had to install 7 on an inspiron 8600. The Pentium M in it does not have the NX bit.

Try installing under IDE mode for SATA devices (Can be switched back to AHCI later after installing the drivers).

Check you have the latest version of your BIOS installed - many are releasing updates for Windows 8 compatibility (especially Dell and HP).

deleted

Have you tried doing a factory restore on your previous Windows installation and then doing it on a completely new factory reset PC?

Yea did that thing too.

But still with the same problem

Have you tested the health of your hard drive ?

Ran a scan of the drive surface, checking for bad sectors ?

Have you checked the tightness of the hard drive ?

Have you tried reseating the RAM ?

It does seem like a hardware/driver problem.

i Will be checking the health using diagnostic tools from WD.

scan ?? like what kind of & through which software ??

i havent opened it the case.

The RAM is 4GB, i t came defualt with 2GB, but the vendor removed that 2GB & installed a new Transcend 4GB single module

What media are you installing from?

i tried installing from USB as well as DvD

This seems to be a common error with windows 7 as well as windows 8 and generally it's your RAM or Bios settings as far as I can see. Take the RAM out and make sure that it's seated properly (Try one module at a time and see if that get's you past this error.) Run a mem test and see what happens! What sort of RAM do you have, do you know? Also in the BIOS reset everything to default, if you are using AHCI reset this back and save again. Make sure that the RAM timings and Voltages are correct for the memory type that you have installed on the PC.

As above definitely make sure your BIOS is set to defaults and then set up to stock clocks / settings, no overclocking

Try installing under IDE mode for SATA devices (Can be switched back to AHCI later after installing the drivers).

Check you have the latest version of your BIOS installed - many are releasing updates for Windows 8 compatibility (especially Dell and HP).

i also tried switching to IDE, but still the same problem

The RAM is 4GB, i t came defualt with 2GB, but the vendor removed that 2GB & installed a new Transcend 4GB single module

The BIOS setting is default, i just flashed a new updated version of BIOS from ACER.

I havent changed any settings since then.

There is also another version of BIOS {UEFI for Win 8} but that thing doesnt update, gives an error.

i think that it would be upgradable once i install win 8

Looks like you have a processor thay is older than the NX bit flag in Intel processors providing DEP protection. If so, you cannot install Windows 8 on systems with those processors. Verify your processor as this is similar to what will happen on install.

did not see the IRQ NOT LESS EQUAL, check memory if you can and hard disk. are you installing x32 or x64?

Not sure if he dimension line is numbered in line with the inspiron line, but I had to install 7 on an inspiron 8600. The Pentium M in it does not have the NX bit.

i am installing 32BIT version.

i also tried 64-bit version.

But same error.

Memory is Transcend 4GB single module

You will need to wipe your entire hard drive so you can install Windows 8. You can install all your other operating systems after you do so, if that doesn't work, I don't know what else will.

You will need to wipe your entire hard drive so you can install Windows 8. You can install all your other operating systems after you do so, if that doesn't work, I don't know what else will. And yes, reburn the disk at a slower speed. And have you checked your BIOS Settings, your RAM, your Disk Space, and your processor?

I would recommend creating a USB installer and try installing using that. Quicker and more reliable than optical media.

If all else fails you can always try talking dirty to it.

Sounds like it's faulty installation media. If it's a burnt disc, reburn it again at a slower speed.

i've used around 4-5 dvds for the purpose.

& many USB.

But still the same error

You will need to wipe your entire hard drive so you can install Windows 8. You can install all your other operating systems after you do so, if that doesn't work, I don't know what else will. And yes, reburn the disk at a slower speed. And have you checked your BIOS Settings, your RAM, your Disk Space, and your processor?

i already did all those things

I would recommend creating a USB installer and try installing using that. Quicker and more reliable than optical media.

If all else fails you can always try talking dirty to it.

i'Ve used dvd as well as USB