Expand site option disappeared, site looks like crap now

Per topic, I logged in today and refreshed the front page and it has gone from the wide/expand setting to the default crappy looking waste of space web 2.0 crap. I tried to set it back to the expanded setting and that seems to have been removed,

Why is this? The whole site is a mess and a complete waste of space on a widescreen monitor with this option gone.

This change must have happened in the last two or three hours? In any event it looks crap, why change it? Or was it something that removed the setting by accident?

I noticed this a couple of hours ago as well, I also noticed that the mail and notification icons are gone too.

I noticed this a couple of hours ago as well, I also noticed that the mail and notification icons are gone too.

Indeed. The actual functions seem to be there though, just invisible (no icons).

Sothe space wasting web 2.0 design is going to stay Timan with no option of the expanded option we used to have? I am not sure on your comment :(

Yall are seriously gonna hate any new update to the main page :p

Do not lose your cookies btw

too late... chucked cookie this morning.... I hate mornings :(

Crappy developers

Looking forward to this option coming back. I'm on a small 15" laptop (widescreen) and even I had a load of wasted space.

Damn you 960gs! (I realise that isn't specifically what is used, I'm getting at the small width thing)

Responsive, full width websites are the future :)

Responsive, full width websites are the future :)

Responsive - yes, full width - no. It's terribly annoying when a line of text is too long. On the other hand, my web browser window is responsive, so I've just made it wide enough to accommodate for most websites without "wasting" space on the sides.