Will we see Windows 8 finally taking off today?

29 members have voted

1. 1. Will Windows 8 take off starting Black Friday?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (please specify)

Hi guys. Finally Black Friday is here, hope all of you have snatched some good offers.

Today, I want to know what the community thinks about Windows 8 sales, as if it's going to finally take off or not. This is because there was a chance that people were holding off for a special offer on Black Friday.

So people, what do you think? Will Windows 8 finally take off starting today or not?

Around here, Black Friday does not mean much, as the sale are about the same as you would find on any other week. Nothing special.

So will Win8 rise? I don't think so, it depends allot on what retailers have to "sell/push out the door", it's easier to lower price on "old gen" PC or laptop, all running Win7....

It's not like we've been flooded with new laptop/desktop running Win8 yet....

I don't see why it would, it was already cheap as dirt. You could upgrade Windows 7 for $14.99, they might as well try and give it away.

the upgrade sales haven't really been bad, what has been bad is the new computer sales, which makes sense since new computers aren't selling much today whatever OS is on them, so Black Friday will probably have a significant impact since a lot more people will buy new laptops then, after that it will gradually go up as stores run out of old win7 laptops and fill up with win8 laptops.

I doubt it. I was in Best Buy a bit today and everyone was crowded around phones and tablets, especially Android stuff. A few hardy souls looked at laptops/desktops, but nothing like around the mobile devices.