Orange Home Broadband Torrent & Usenet Issues - HELP

Hey guys

Need some help.

I have recently switched broadband provider here in the UK from O2 to Orange/T-Mobile/EE, dont know what the hell they are branding the broadband under. Anyway, everything has been fine I have been getting 11meg which I'm happy about as I was initially only quoted 8 because I'm in a new property.

However, I cant download anything using torrents or usenet. I use astraweb and it works fine when im at my parents house, but when Im at home I cant even even getting dial up speeds and only seems to be these services that are having problems, streaming is fine and when I run a check on speedtest I am getting the full 11meg.

Has anyone else had a problem like this or is there something that I can do to fix this?

Matthew

Yeah - not surprised, Orange have always been a very poor ISP in my opinion.

Out of interest why did you leave O2? They are amongst the best (again, in my opinion)

As stated above, you will probably need to VPN your traffic so that your ISP won't see it and packet shape it

The only reason I left 02 was because I had switched mobile carrier and was having to pay full price where if I went with T-Mobile it would only be ?8

What a big mistake, maybe ill ditch astaweb and go back to Giganews. I was with Giganews for years and never had any issues, again I was just trying to save some ???? looks like they give you access to more ports, that wont be throttled, hopefully this will work. If I can get that working, great. I'm not that worried about Bit Torrent.

Its true what they say after all, dont try and fix something that's not broken :(

uTorrent: random port, Set: Forced Encryption, Disable: Allow incoming legacy connections, restart router and uTorrent client.

They throttle P2P and NNTP between 5pm and 1am or something. I used to use Astraweb on 443 and didn't get throttled because they couldn't distinguish the traffic between normal web traffic over HTTP.