Surface Pro will be available on Jan 1, 8 a.m. UTC?

MS has not announced the release date of SurfacePro yet, although it is expected in next January.

However, Logos Bible Software had raised a competition, the grand prize being a SurfacePro

http://blog.logos.com/2012/11/win-logos-5-and-a-windows-surface-tablet/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LogosBibleSoftwareBlog+%28Logos+Bible+Software+Blog%29

And according to their terms page, the SurfacePro will be delivered after Jan. 1, but what's interesting is, it states explicitly about the time : 8 a.m. UTC - does it imply that the SurfacePro will be released on this date and at this time??

image_633.jpg

No.

2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins at Nov. 14, 2012, 11:22 p.m. (UTC) and ends at Jan. 1, 2013, 8 a.m. (UTC) (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted and timely received during the Sweepstakes Period.

Obviously they wouldn't be sending the prize out until the competition has closed so it certainly wouldn't be sent until at least that point, it isn't an indication of when the Surface Pro would be released though.

No.

Obviously they wouldn't be sending the prize out until the competition has closed so it certainly wouldn't be sent until at least that point, it isn't an indication of when the Surface Pro would be released though.

OIC, mi9ssed that clause....my bad. :wacko:

Either they mean a normal Surface or they know something we dont, although its highly unusual that Microsoft would disclose private information of the release date of a future product to a bible group or whatever it is.

Surface Pro is already available in Moscow. Friend of mine tried it yesterday, and is quite thrilled...almost bought it. He was only concerned with the lack of discrete graphics option. Packed inside are core i5 and 64Gb SSD on 11" screen. Price is 1000 Euros.

Surface Pro is already available in Moscow. Friend of mine tried it yesterday, and is quite thrilled...almost bought it. He was only concerned with the lack of discrete graphics option. Packed inside are core i5 and 64Gb SSD on 11" screen. Price is 1000 Euros.

Your friend is either pulling your leg or bought a fake device.

He is too serious for that :) Anyway Samsung shop in Moscow is carrying it, so feel free to check it out.

That is not a Surface Pro, just a Samsung tablet/laptop hybrid running Windows 8 (not RT) :p

He is too serious for that :) Anyway Samsung shop in Moscow is carrying it, so feel free to check it out.

Think about what you just said...

Samsung is not Microsoft. Your friend snagged a Samsung device, not a Surface.