suggestion

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 DaveLegg

DaveLegg

Coderator at heart

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:02

has to do with a certain type of content not being allowed on litespeed servers.... google it...

Regardless of the type of content in question, we're not going to use a piece of software where a third party gets to tell us what we can and can't put on our site.

#32 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:10

Good going then!!! XD yey!

#33 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:35

Cloudflare wouldn't help us with speed. We've tried them before, and they only caused headaches. Every ime we made a change to a css file for example, cloudflare would show the 'site offline' page for a good 5-10 minutes, amongst other issues. From what I can tell, the issue isn't slow database queries either. If you hit post and then half a second later, open the thread again in another tab, you'll see your post there, whilst the initial tab is still loading. Obviously IPB does a lot of additional processing after the post is submitted, and I have no idea what this processing entails, but it's clearly that which is causing the slow processing problem, and when we get time, we will look into that thoroughly.

I've noticed this several times, I usually hit "post" and it keeps "saving reply" for a good 2 minutes or more, BUT I can see my reply went through on the mini-spy. It's really annoying :/