official metro last light pc ps3 xbox360 fps survival horror

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,827 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 17:15

I look both franchises but I thought Metro 2033 was a much more polished and technically competent game. STALKER had a lot of potential and character and the open nature of the gameplay was refreshing but it was very rough around the edges and the gameplay a lot less polished.

Which version did you play? I played Metro 2033 on 360 & it was broken as hell.

The atmosphere was great but I didn't care at all for the story especially the supernatural/mutant stuff.

#32 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,958 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 23 March 2013 - 17:20

Which version did you play? I played Metro 2033 on 360 & it was broken as hell.

PC. I can't speak for other versions.

#33 Semtex

Semtex

Neowinian

• 1,404 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 14:11

Another movie with gameplay, looks good IMO ;)

#34 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,395 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 09 April 2013 - 19:43

Amazing. They've done a great job with the immersion. I'll have to beat Metro 2033 before playing this one. I've had it for so long and I didn't complete a single mission yet.

#35 +Majesticmerc

Majesticmerc

Resident Idealist

• 6,209 posts
  • Phone: HTC One X

Posted 09 April 2013 - 21:07

Amazing. They've done a great job with the immersion. I'll have to beat Metro 2033 before playing this one. I've had it for so long and I didn't complete a single mission yet.

You should! It's a wicked game. Certainly one of my favourite games of the past few years.

#36 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,943 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 21:12

No one is put off by the day 1 dlc that gives such a basic feature as harder game modes?

That's not the kind of business practice gamers should support. Even if you get it free for pre ordering.

#37 +Majesticmerc

Majesticmerc

Resident Idealist

• 6,209 posts
  • Phone: HTC One X

Posted 09 April 2013 - 21:17

No one is put off by the day 1 dlc that gives such a basic feature as harder game modes?

That's not the kind of business practice gamers should support. Even if you get it free for pre ordering.

This is a thing? I didn't know that :(

#38 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,395 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 09 April 2013 - 21:42

To be fair, it's two difficulty settings beyond easy, normal, and hardcore. Also, similar DLC was released for Metro 2033. It costs 240 MS points to purchase it for the Xbox 360 version and it was free for the PC version.

The addition of the bullets in this DLC, and it being free if you pre-order, probably means they'll charge for it this time around. If that is the case, then I wouldn't mind paying $5 or less.

#39 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,943 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 21:55

Fair points I guess. Just seems like eventually we'll be paying to unlock endings and whatever else and if you pre order you get it as free day 1 dlc.

This is a thing? I didn't know that :(

Yes. It's called Ranger mode or some such. Apparently the exact same thing happened with Metro 2033. I own that game and wasn't aware of it though. So I guess people don't care about it all that much.

#40 Semtex

Semtex

Neowinian

• 1,404 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:35

BTW> Game have now "Gold" status, so We just need to wait for premiere :D

#41 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:49

Pre ordered on PC, but I agree charging extra for additional difficulty levels is dumb and morally suspect in light of consumer expectation. But with this ****ing freemium crap becoming normative, I don't know what to expect anymore.

#42 curme

curme

Grand Inquisitor

• 4,121 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 00:10

I'm enjoying it, I never finished the first one because it was so clunky. My only complaints about LL is that it seems a bit easy, even on hard. And while there are many weapons to choose from, there isn't any reason to switch around. I've been using the same three weapons I found and jave really seen no need to try any others.

But all in all, I'm definately glad I got it.

#43 PsychD

PsychD

Neowinian

• 103 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:14

Worth a playthrough. I enjoyed playing through it, despite the flawed AI which is my biggest complain about this game.
Some parts if the metro had breathtaking visuals, Nazi concentration camp for example, while spring on the surface gave it a whole new touch and looked great.
I still need a ranger hardcore playthrough, this time going for the good ending.