Disable certain startup items

As you might have noticed, certain startup apps are grouped in windows 8, like the catalyst control center launcher:

capture.png

These used to be separate. Is there a way to disable them individually still? As it stands, you can only disable the whole group unfortunately.

On a side note... does anyone know how to get peerblock to actually launch at startup? I've tried it in the startup folder and I've tried making a scheduled task but it never actually runs at startup!

Windows 7 didn't let you disable processes from the main program either, only difference is that Windows 8 shows the process tree, Windows 7 just shows the main program

Capture.PNG

msconfig.exe

Doesn't work in Windows 8, only for processes.

Windows 7 didn't let you disable processes from the main program either, only difference is that Windows 8 shows the process tree, Windows 7 just shows the main program

Oh ok, could have sworn it was broken into at least 2 processes before...

msconfig is for troubleshooting - not a perm solution. Your going to get annoyed about it telling you you disabled ****, etc.

Just go to services.msc and change the startup to disabled if you don't want service to start. And sure the autoruns is a great little program for removing exe from your startup if the application itself will not let you turn them off.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

msconfig is for troubleshooting - not a perm solution. Your going to get annoyed about it telling you you disabled ****, etc.

Just go to services.msc and change the startup to disabled if you don't want service to start. And sure the autoruns is a great little program for removing exe from your startup if the application itself will not let you turn them off.

http://technet.micro...s/bb963902.aspx

Already know this, just saying it only allows processes now, not the startup section.

Doesn't work in Windows 8, only for processes.

See my post again

It's not that annoying if you just check the box "Do not show me this again", I've never had to check it more then once on a system and it never comes back.