920 Owners, how are you getting music and playlists on your phone

The connector for Mac works fine for me. Just drag and drop. When I plug my 920 into my surface and sync is when I run into problems.

One benefit to having no real alternative except to use Windows Media Player on Windows 8 is that it converts Media Center's WTV recording format when syncing a video playlist with pretty decent speed and plays flawlessly on the Lumia 920.

Nice.

I couldn't get the windows phone 8 desktop app to work at all with my 8X. When it first starts it tosses out an error and can't do any syncing with my 8X. I didn't actually want to sync though just put music ON the phone from the netbook but no go. I just used WMP to add my music to it. I wonder if it didn't work because of the fact that I first copied the music off of my old WP7 device using Zune and then used drag and drop to add them to the 8x. I then got rid of all the music on the 8X and tried the WP8 desktop app again but it gave me the same error. Oh well.

I couldn't get the windows phone 8 desktop app to work at all with my 8X. When it first starts it tosses out an error and can't do any syncing with my 8X. I didn't actually want to sync though just put music ON the phone from the netbook but no go. I just used WMP to add my music to it. I wonder if it didn't work because of the fact that I first copied the music off of my old WP7 device using Zune and then used drag and drop to add them to the 8x. I then got rid of all the music on the 8X and tried the WP8 desktop app again but it gave me the same error. Oh well.

The Windows App doesn't do much other than drag and drop when it is working. I'm not sure why they call it syncing. Windows Media Player is the tool to use in Windows 8 for Windows Phone 8 devices.

As along time Nokia, user I used Nokia Suite to sync everything.

Lumia 920 is great....except now there's this conspiracy to kill us with data bills!

I'm strictly a USB/Wi-Fi girl (no cloud for me!)....now I use Media Monkey to manage music and playlists to Windows 8 phone....love it!

Oops forgot....Lumia 920 + Windows Media Player (Windows 7 notebook) = doesn't work....WMP worked at first...then started hanging when I added more libraries.....

As along time Nokia, user I used Nokia Suite to sync everything.

Lumia 920 is great....except now there's this conspiracy to kill us with data bills!

I'm strictly a USB/Wi-Fi girl (no cloud for me!)....now I use Media Monkey to manage music and playlists to Windows 8 phone....love it!

Interesting looking app. Data bills is one reason I'm not sold on streaming to the phone. I prefer to sync playlists and files to the device. I have unlimited data, but many don't; and I may not always.