Photo
ram_upgrade 2010_mac_mini

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#16 CoLdFuSi0n

CoLdFuSi0n

Pimpin Around Neowin

Posted 26 November 2012 - 00:03

I don't know about the US, but in the UK the Apple Care agreement says that the RAM is "Customer Upgradeable" and doesn't void your warranty. :/

Did you not even research before spending $200 unnecessarily?

Ouch!! Lol that's have to be a kick in the head

#17 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 26 November 2012 - 00:05

Excuse me but I wanted to make sure that I did NOT VOID my Warranty by putting NON-APPLE-APPROVED-MEMORY in to this Mac. After all I still have an EXTENDED WARRANTY with my APPLE CARE AGREEMENT that goes until November 2013! So shut the blank-et-e-blank Up! Just FYI! Thread Closed.

Well, from a quick Google search, you could've upgraded the RAM yourself (aka bought it on newegg or another place, and installed it yourself) and still be covered under AppleCare. Or, if you really wanted to, install it, and then remove it if you had to send it in for repairs or replacement... You just chose a very expensive option, but regardless, enjoy your RAM.

#18 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 16
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 26 November 2012 - 00:06

Excuse me but I wanted to make sure that I did NOT VOID my Warranty by putting NON-APPLE-APPROVED-MEMORY in to this Mac. After all I still have an EXTENDED WARRANTY with my APPLE CARE AGREEMENT that goes until November 2013! So shut the blank-et-e-blank Up! Just FYI! Thread Closed.

buying non apple approved ram does NOT void your warranty

I've had my mac repaired just fine using my warranty with the custom ram inside

#19 +djdanster

djdanster

Neowin elite

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 White Frost

Posted 26 November 2012 - 00:07

oh and I will indeed be ordering my SSD from Apple.com by the way! Just FYI! Thread Remains Closed!

Cool, at the end of the day it's your money quite literally going down the drain!

However, when you grow some common sense feel free to mosey on by to your online retailer for IT goodies and save and spend money on a good SSD the sensible way! :D

#20 CoLdFuSi0n

CoLdFuSi0n

Pimpin Around Neowin

Posted 26 November 2012 - 00:09

I really don't understand how people can spend so much money on something that you can get better for cheaper? Is it because its approved by apple? It's no wonder apple has so much money, they just continue to rip people off.

#21 Simon-

Simon-

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 November 2012 - 00:12

Cool, at the end of the day it's your money quite literally going down the drain!

Well from previous threads, it's actually his parents money.

#22 qdave

qdave

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 November 2012 - 00:18

why would I spend $100 from Newegg when I would not know for sure if I was buying the correct type of Ram or NOT? I

Thats why you do research before buying something. besides apple doesnt manufacture their ram!

#23 virtorio

virtorio

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 13
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 26 November 2012 - 00:19

Most

If your preference is for drooling over iStuff over receiving actual advice you're probably on the wrong website. Perhaps macrumours would be more up your street.

Not even the general population at Macrumors would suggest buying memory from Apple.

#24 Barney T.

Barney T.

Debian Linux: I'm Loving It!

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 26 November 2012 - 00:20

Due to lack of maturity,

Thread closed