android china

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Darrian

Darrian

The Apathetic

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 26 November 2012 - 16:03

For a cheap Android tablet I'd recommend the Nook Color. You can get one used on ebay for under $100. I am running Cyanogenmod 10 on mine (Android 4.1.2) and while it's not the most fantastic tablet on the market, it runs most things pretty well and it's very easy to flash the ROM, plus there is a lot of support for it on XDA. You can also get the Nook Tablet on ebay right now for $80, which is a great deal, as that is even better with a dual-core CPU. It can also run CM10, though the development isn't quite as far along (CM10 on the NC is in the beta stage and officially supported on the Cyanogenmod website now).

#17 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 26 November 2012 - 16:15

I will point out that while you cannot "pirate" Android, it is a licensed technology. And the manufacturers who don't pay the license tend not to have access to the Google Play store as well as certain other Google apps and services.

#18 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 26 November 2012 - 16:22

I will point out that while you cannot "pirate" Android, it is a licensed technology. And the manufacturers who don't pay the license tend not to have access to the Google Play store as well as certain other Google apps and services.

That must have been the problem with my scroll tablet, changing the ID to the emulator must have told Google it was licensed

#19 Teebor

Teebor

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 November 2012 - 16:44

i boughta ainol novo 7 aurora 2 for 125aud rooted it and have jellybean 4.1.2 on it now cheapest and best tablet ive found so far

tee hee Ainol :D

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!