WiFi Issues

iphone5

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

Posted 26 November 2012 - 17:24

So, friend got a new iPhone5 last Wednesday, worked fine for a couple days but since Saturday the device refuses to connect to 'most' wireless networks that his 4s and other devices can connect to without issue. So after a quick Google search it appears many, many people are having this issue.

To the point that idiots over at TabletCrunch for example are making up all sorts of theories - that Apple now requires all wireless routers to be setup for IPv6 to send a token to Apple to simply connect to a WiFi network?!: http://tabletcrunch....scovered-video/

Has anyone else run into this? Are they waiting on another software 'fix' from Crapple or what?

#2 Davo

Davo

Neowinian

Posted 26 November 2012 - 17:30

I've seen this on a number of devices at my store. Apparently there's a software update for this. Apple then realized that phone updates are WiFi only, and promptly released another update to be able to install the Wifi fix update. :-\

#3 OP Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

Posted 26 November 2012 - 17:33

Is that something you have to request? Software is up to date per the device. I just hate to send him to the idiots at the Apple store if I don't have to, especially since it sounds like they will just give him a song and dance (and reset) and send him back home.

Surely there should be some very vocal outpouring if the clowns at TabletCrunch are correct.