MLPPP with pFsense

I recently moved and can only get a 12meg internet connection.. I have done some research and I noticed my ISP support MLPPP. I called them and they said the hardware in my area supports MLPPP and is turned on..

My question is

I would have two DSL Modems plugged in my pFsense box..

Which one would give me my IP? Can I order one as static and the other dynamic?

Would this give me a "true" 24meg connection?

Thanks!

i would use two different logins.. Yes. Is it that easy?

I sent in a email asking if I could get a MLPPP username and password. Do I HAVE to have that?

No not a requirement, some ISPs use it from my understanding.

But yeah its should be pretty simple! Connect your 2 different connections and then create the group, etc.

The guys on the pfsense board more than happy to help you I am sure, I am very active on that board as well ;) And the guys there are GREAT!!

Thanks for your help.. i posted hoping you would see "pFsense" lol..

So if I did that, would I have a 24 meg connection or just 2 12s with load balancing? Which gateway would determine my IP? Would I still be able to use dyndns with this?

Also, do you think I could do it with off of 2 residential lines? They are coming out of the same hardware.. Are they having to do something special to my account?

You should get aggregate bandwidth, not just load balancing.

Not really a DSL guy, and don't have access to that connection type to play with.

You might want to tweak your MTU settings on the interfaces.. But the pfsense board would be the place to ask - there are a few people here that are using pfsense - I have converted quite a few over I think ;) But not sure any of them would be doing MLPPP.

You using or going to be using 2.01 or 2.1 betas? I have been running the 2.1 line since first came out and been very stable.. But they are sticklers about the details before they release. So could be some time yet until 2.1 is released for production. But more than stable enough for even production work if you ask me. And per the board there are quite a few people using it in production setups not just lab/home/play/etc

Great, I will sign up on their forums.. Yeah, I used monowall forever but after seeing your wealth of knowledge and the great things you say about pFsense made me convert lol I bought a Firebox x1000 and converted it over.. I am running 2.0.1 right now.. I might have to upgrade.. i can just use a different cfcard and if it doesn't work change it back lol