Can I buy Win 8 at the discount but not use it yet?

I'm not 100% sure on how it all works yet to get the discounted Windows 8 (I know it is an online deal), but I was wondering... is it possible to go through the process to buy Windows 8 at a discount, but not install/activate/use it yet?

I'd like to evaluate it on one computer, but not install it on all of my computers until it has improved a bit, but at the same time I don't want to miss out on the discount either. It adds up when you have multiple computers to consider upgrading.

That, and my parents have two computers still running VISTA, so getting off of that would be good. I think Windows 8 has promise.

Yes. you can get it discounted Windows 8 Copy without actually installing it.

Just download and run Upgrade Assist and you will be moved to buy a copy and get your copy. Once it's done. it will start downloading Windows 8 copy. You can stop the process and move on.

However I would recommend Windows 8 over any other previous windows :)

Trust me, it becomes much easier and funny as you keep using

I'd like to evaluate it on one computer, but not install it on all of my computers until it has improved a bit, but at the same time I don't want to miss out on the discount either. It adds up when you have multiple computers to consider upgrading.

Very wise move. I approve.