Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DocM

Cinderella (2015) [Disney]

12 posts in this topic

Date per IMDB

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disneys-cinderella-casts-cate-blanchett-394927

Cate Blanchett in Negotiations to Play Evil Stepmother in Disney's 'Cinderella'

Cate Blanchett is in negotiations to play the evil stepmother in Disney's live-action Cinderella remake, The Hollywood Reporter confirms.

Mark Romanek (Never Let Me Go) will direct the reimagining of the classic fairy tale from a screenplay by Chris Weitz (A Better Life, About a Boy). Simon Kinberg (X-Men trilogy, Elysium) is producing.

The Cinderella project was first set up at Disney in May 2010 in the wake of the studio?s success with Alice in Wonderland, the live-action adaptation of the Lewis C. Carroll book that starred Johnny Depp.

Devil Wears Prada writer Aline Brosh McKenna wrote the initial draft of the script.

Blanchett was once set to play the evil witch in Disney's Snow White and the Seven but that project fell apart.

The Australian actress next appears in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, in theaters Dec. 14. She also has two Terrence Malick films and a Woody Allen project in the pipeline, and recently joined the star-studded cast of George Clooney's The Monuments Men.

Shoot rescheduled for this summer (2013) and a 2014 release, and....

http://www.vulture.com/m/2013/01/disney-negotiating-with-kenneth-branagh-to-replace-romanek-on-cinderella.html?mid=twitter_vulture

Disney Negotiating With Kenneth Branagh to Direct Cinderella

There was a slight risk of the project turning into a pumpkin before midnight, but Disney may have found the charming prince to save its planned adaptation of Cinderella ? and, as you might expect, he comes replete with an English accent: Just three weeks after original director Mark Romanek decamped, a fairy godmother tells us that Disney is negotiating with Kenneth Branagh to keep the film on track to start shooting in London this fall.

We?re also told that The Hobbit star Cate Blanchett will remain in the movie as the wicked stepmother, though the production is still looking to find the right fit for its main role.

>

The budget will probably be massive for this

After his success at launching Thor for Marvel (now part of Disney) he's probably on their Go-To list for big projects, so yes.

Hold on what about that other movie, that was a Cinderella live action movie? I sware I remember one.

Hold on what about that other movie, that was a Cinderella live action movie? I sware I remember one.

You're probably thinking of Maleficent. She was from Sleeping Beauty. That comes out in 2014 I think.

There have been a few. Rodgers and Hammerstein did a live action musical version in the 60s that many are fond of, and that version was remade a decade or so back with a non-white cast because...well I have no idea why. It was a time when everyone was tripping over themselves to be as multiracial as possible, regardless of the resulting quality. Whitney Houston wasn't terrible, but Brandy was a cringe inducing lead.

This new one will be worth paying attention to, I guess. The story's been retold so many times that nobody can seriously think this would be a threat to the franchise or anything.

915a24772b5d4f5eb644ca7.png

Actress Lily James (Downton Abbey) has been cast as Cinderella in Disney?s upcoming live-action interpretation of the beloved classic tale. The film is being directed by Sir Kenneth Branagh and stars Cate Blanchett as the iconic evil stepmother.

Additional announcements regarding Cinderella are expected in the coming weeks.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=78564

zpwrg.jpg

DISNEY?S LIVE ACTION ?CINDERELLA?

BEGINS PRINCIPAL PHOTOGRAPHY IN LONDON

Starring Lily James, Richard Madden, Academy Award?-winner Cate Blanchett and Oscar?-nominee Helena Bonham Carter and Directed by Academy Award?-nominee Kenneth Branagh

Burbank, Calif. (September 23, 2013)?Walt Disney Pictures announced today that principal photography has begun at Pinewood Studios in London, on ?Cinderella,? Disney?s first-ever live action feature inspired by the classic fairy tale.

Directed by Academy Award?-nominee Kenneth Branagh (?Jack Ryan,? ?Thor?), the film stars Lily James (?Downton Abbey,? ?Wrath of the Titans?) in the title role, Richard Madden (?Game of Thrones,? ?Birdsong?) as the Prince, Oscar?-winner Cate Blanchett (?The Aviator?) as the infamous stepmother Lady Tremaine, and Academy Award-nominee Helena Bonham Carter (?The King?s Speech,? ?Alice in Wonderland?) as the Fairy Godmother. Holliday Grainger (?Great Expectations,? ?Anna Karenina?) and Sophie McShera (?Downton Abbey,? ?Waterloo Road?) play Ella?s stepsisters Anastasia and Drisella, respectively. Stellan Skarsg?rd (?The Avengers,? ?The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?) and Nonso Anozie (?Game of Thrones,? ?The Grey?) play the Arch Grand Duke and the Prince?s loyal friend, the Captain. Tony? Award-winner Derek Jacobi portrays the King.

?Cinderella? is produced by Simon Kinberg (?X-Men: First Class,? ?Elysium?), Allison Shearmur (?The Hunger Games: Catching Fire?), David Barron (?Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,? ?Jack Ryan?), from a screenplay by Chris Weitz (?About a Boy,? ?The Golden Compass?).

The filmmaking team includes three-time Academy Award-winning production designer Dante Ferretti (?The Aviator,? ?Hugo,? ?Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street?), three-time Oscar-winning costume designer Sandy Powell (?The Aviator,? ?The Young Victoria,? ?Shakespeare in Love?), director of photography Haris Zambarloukos (?Sleuth,? ?Thor?) and Academy Award-winning editor Martin Walsh (?Chicago,? ?Clash of the Titans?).

The timeless story of ?Cinderella? dates back to 1697 when first created by Charles Perrault, although it truly came to life for millions all over the world in 1950 with Walt Disney?s celebrated animated feature.

Director Kenneth Branagh says: ?It is impossible to think of Cinderella without thinking of Disney and the timeless images we?ve all grown up watching. And those classic moments are irresistible to a filmmaker. With Lily James we have found our perfect Cinderella. She combines knockout beauty with intelligence, wit, fun and physical grace. Her Prince is being played by Richard Madden, a young actor with incredible power and charisma. He is funny, smart and sexy and a great match for Cinderella.?

The story of ?Cinderella? follows the fortunes of young Ella whose merchant father remarries following the tragic death of her mother. Keen to support her loving father, Ella welcomes her new stepmother Lady Tremaine and her daughters Anastasia and Drisella into the family home. But, when Ella?s father suddenly and unexpectedly passes away, she finds herself at the mercy of a jealous and cruel new family. Finally relegated to nothing more than a servant girl covered in ashes, and spitefully renamed Cinderella, Ella could easily begin to lose hope. Yet, despite the cruelty inflicted upon her, Ella is determined to honor her mother?s dying words and to ?have courage and be kind.? She will not give in to despair nor despise those who abuse her. And then there is the dashing stranger she meets in the woods. Unaware that he is really a prince, not merely an employee at the Palace, Ella finally feels she has met a kindred soul. It appears as if her fortunes may be about to change when the Palace sends out an open invitation for all maidens to attend a ball, raising Ella?s hopes of once again encountering the charming ?Kit.? Alas, her stepmother forbids her to attend and callously rips apart her dress. But, as in all good fairy tales, help is at hand as a kindly beggar woman steps forward and, armed with a pumpkin and a few mice, changes Cinderella?s life forever.

Production on ?Cinderella? will take place at Pinewood Studios and locations throughout England.

?Cinderella? will be released through Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures on March 13, 2015.

Cinderella

Release: March 13, 2015

Director: Kenneth Branagh

Cast: Lily James, Cate Blanchett, Helena Bonham Carter, Hayley Atwell, and Richard Madden.

cinderellaposter_large.jpg

at 1:42 of the trailer it reminded me of 1:23 of this ... actually I think that would have worked great.

DA KING IN DA NORF! And is that Xaro Xhoan Ducksauce?