Photo

So is Start8 and others the ONLY way to stop the hot corners?

win8

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 28 November 2012 - 18:07

the color palette is too far from the corner to mistakenly hit the hot corner that many times. if you were talking about hitting the x, maybe I would believe you. windows 8 bashing thread in disguise?

#17 OP xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 November 2012 - 18:10

the color palette is too far from the corner to mistakenly hit the hot corner that many times. if you were talking about hitting the x, maybe I would believe you. windows 8 bashing thread in disguise?

You know you can detach those dialogs right?

#18 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

• Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 28 November 2012 - 18:16

Can someone enlighten me how you can activate the charms bar by accident!? The whole black bar, not just the hints.
I sometimes hit the top left hot corner by accident, but to active charms bar you got to go the right corners and swipe the mouse up the side of the screen. How can you do that by accident?

I use photoshop a lot and ive never managed to do that.

The only other time I sometime activate the charms hint by accident is by trying to click the show desktop button on the taskbar.

However, as i said, ive never activate the whole charms bar by accident.

#19 OP xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 November 2012 - 18:22

Can someone enlighten me how you can activate the charms bar by accident!? The whole black bar, not just the hints.
I sometimes hit the top left hot corner by accident, but to active charms bar you got to go the right corners and swipe the mouse up the side of the screen. How can you do that by accident?

I use photoshop a lot and ive never managed to do that.

The only other time I sometime activate the charms hint by accident is by trying to click the show desktop button on the taskbar.

However, as i said, ive never activate the whole charms bar by accident.

Um maybe I change a color in the dialog and go to the layers dialog which I keep at the very bottom right. I detach the dialogs.

So when I go to the colors dialog, I activate the "hint" then I go straight to the layers down and there we go, full Charms is activated. I have done this for years, it is a habit and with windows 8 I need to move my mouse to the left to get the hint off, then go diagonal to the bottom right side of the screen.

#20 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 28 November 2012 - 18:31

If you install StartIsBack that has an option to disable the charms bar (you can still bring it up with winkey + c)

#21 Doli

Doli

Goo ball

Posted 28 November 2012 - 18:32

Um maybe I change a color in the dialog and go to the layers dialog which I keep at the very bottom right. I detach the dialogs.

So when I go to the colors dialog, I activate the "hint" then I go straight to the layers down and there we go, full Charms is activated. I have done this for years, it is a habit and with windows 8 I need to move my mouse to the left to get the hint off, then go diagonal to the bottom right side of the screen.

You can press the left mouse button,middle button, or any key that doesn't do anything in PS to get rid of the hint. Why not just move the dialog a little to the left? Does PS have a true full screen option? The charms hints are disable when I go full screen in Blender and WMP.

#22 OP xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 November 2012 - 18:37

You can press the left mouse button,middle button, or any key that doesn't do anything in PS to get rid of the hint. Why not just move the dialog a little to the left?

I could do that, but I have been doing it that way for years. I forget which version CS1? But ever since they allowed you to detach those dialogs, I built my own workspace and I like it that way. I guess I can attach them again. But I have need ever to use the charms bar on the desktop. Which is why I was hoping there would be a control panel setting or something somewhere.

#23 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

• Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 28 November 2012 - 19:41

I see.
My layers are in the bottom right so never going that near to the corners of my screen. I never use the colour pallets. I guess I can see how - if you had the colours pallet at the bottom right- that you could accidentally activate it.

Couldn't you just move the colours pallet away from the corners, that way you wont be trying to aim the small colour squares and be going close to the corners of the screen.
Never mind about that, just saw this

.. But ever since they allowed you to detach those dialogs, I built my own workspace and I like it that way.......

#24 Nazmus Shakib Khandaker

Nazmus Shakib Khandaker

Neowinian

Posted 28 November 2012 - 23:44

How about snapping a metro app on the right side, so the desktop shifts left and you can use small buttons on Photoshop's corners.

#25 jorjitop

jorjitop

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 16 May 2013 - 22:56

On Jan 21, 2013 I installed Skip Metro Suite in Windows 8. I would now like to uninstall it but cannot figure out how. I don't know what version I have. The file in my Downloads file does not open to anything. I did a Search and found a file, but it does not open to anything. How can I uninstall or disable this software?

#26 xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

• Tech Issues Solved: 13

Posted 16 May 2013 - 23:00

On Jan 21, 2013 I installed Skip Metro Suite in Windows 8. I would now like to uninstall it but cannot figure out how. I don't know what version I have. The file in my Downloads file does not open to anything. I did a Search and found a file, but it does not open to anything. How can I uninstall or disable this software?

Version 3.0 notes "New checkbox added which will allow to disable Skip Metro Suite. This equals and means "uninstall".

So maybe upgrade to 3.0 then look for that checkbox?

#27 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:32

God i hate hot corners. I always accidentally activate them.

#28 Rickkins

Rickkins

Neowinian

• Phone: Galaxy S3

Posted 17 May 2013 - 17:00

Classic Shell does it all.
  • Skips metroturd altogether
  • disables hot pockets
  • disables charms bracelets
  • boots directly to desktop
  • returns button & menu to normal places