New smoking guns in Apollo moon hoax ?

This goes back to the simple concept of refusal of proof. For example:

I go to the store and buy something.

I go home and my wife thinks I made the whole story up as an excuse to go to the library (book addiction)

I pull out the receipt and show the debit card transaction, it's still not enough though.

The time on the receipt is off by one hour, accounting for daylight savings time. Was the time off as the cash register or did I visit an hour before?

The red mark on the shirt from lunch then becomes lipstick. 

Etc, etc, etc...

People will believe what they want to believe. 

I she really that bad?

Oh no !!! so we never went to the moon, which probably means we also never made it to space ....

leading to me believe we have probably never launched anything onto orbit,

hence rendering gps and global telecommunications obsolete.

/s

:rolleyes:

I hope you're right, I just threw my phone out the window, it's obviously a fake.

trag3dy, on 04 Oct 2013 - 19:24, said:

What does anyone gain by believing the moon landings were faked? That's the part I don't understand.

The same thing they gain by believing in Mermaids. Yes, people still believe in Mermaids among other oddball things...http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/

I think people want to believe our govt fakes and lies about everything. The Montauk Project was one of my favs, they actually believe our govt can travel in time and has traveled in time starting with the Philadelphia experiment in 1943, then someone filled the short story with lots of filler like a ton of impossible, yet drama like synchronicities. So here the fake moon landing is no exception, it just started with some guy years ago who doesn't know anything about how light, physics and cameras work. Others also believe that the world is flat. Lots O crazy nuts out there.

• Like 1

I she really that bad?

No, it was hypothetical. I did have an ex-girlfriend like that though. If it were true, I would be out of there faster than speedy Gonzalez in a research lab.

The same thing they gain by believing in Mermaids. Yes, people still believe in Mermaids among other oddball things...http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/

I think people want to believe our govt fakes and lies about everything. The Montauk Project was one of my favs, they actually believe our govt can travel in time and has traveled in time starting with the Philadelphia experiment in 1943, then someone filled the short story with lots of filler like a ton of impossible, yet drama like synchronicities. So here the fake moon landing is no exception, it just started with some guy years ago who doesn't know anything about how light, physics and cameras work. Others also believe that the world is flat. Lots O crazy nuts out there.

Fantastic analogy!

What does anyone gain by believing the moon landings were faked? That's the part I don't understand.

Some conspiracy theorists, in my experience, are incredibly arrogant and believe that they are in possession of knowledge and awareness that the rest of us are all too stupid to see and/or comprehend. Conspiracies involving governments, which are numerous, seem to bring out the worst offenders. The unemployed drunk who barely understands how the government operates (when it is operating) goes from political ignoramus to political extraordinaire overnight in the conspiracy theory world.

compl3x, on 05 Oct 2013 - 05:16, said:compl3x, on 05 Oct 2013 - 05:16, said:compl3x, on 05 Oct 2013 - 05:16, said:

Some conspiracy theorists, in my experience, are incredibly arrogant and believe that they are in possession of knowledge and awareness that the rest of us are all too stupid to see and/or comprehend. Conspiracies involving governments, which are numerous, seem to bring out the worst offenders. The unemployed drunk who barely understands how the government operates (when it is operating) goes from political ignoramus to political extraordinaire overnight in the conspiracy theory world.

Agree. I prefer some of the others out there, like the one about Americans fighting Afghan troops over some ancient flying machine found in a cave over there. Something like that.

I have enjoyed reading Conspiracies and paranormal stuff since I learned to read. One thing I have noticed over the decades is that you often never hear much about them again, especially if they are proven to be something ordinary or mundane and less impressive than imagined, like say the CIA and their "heart attack" gun, sound weapons or chupacrabra which didn't turn out to be the little red eyed demon everyone imagined it was based on stories or how the army shot and killed what people were calling the "mothman" or how about the Montauk Monster which turns out to be a decaying raccoon or something of that nature ...the list never ends but the stories are always separate from any contradictory facts or evidence where the latter gets pushed aside into hard to find articles so the mythical tales can live on.

Agree. I prefer some of the others out there, like the one about Americans fighting Afghan troops over some ancient flying machine found in a cave over there. Something like that.

I have enjoyed reading Conspiracies and paranormal stuff since I learned to read. One thing I have noticed over the decades is that you often never hear much about them again, especially if they are proven to be something ordinary or mundane and less impressive than imagined, like say the CIA and their "heart attack" gun, sound weapons or chupacrabra which didn't turn out to be the little red eyed demon everyone imagined it was based on stories or how the army shot and killed what people were calling the "mothman" or how about the Montauk Monster which turns out to be a decaying raccoon or something of that nature ...the list never ends but the stories are always separate from any contradictory facts or evidence where the latter gets pushed aside into hard to find articles so the mythical tales can live on.

When I was younger watching Dune, my father told me some CIA types were using a strange sound weapon in Vietnam. He said they used it on some prisoners and they started screaming before they fell to the ground into convulsions. He said it was inhumane and we continued to watch the movie. I don't know if it's true but he rarely told me about the two years he was over there. Very seldom would he tell me about his experiences.

When I was younger watching Dune, my father told me some CIA types were using a strange sound weapon in Vietnam. He said they used it on some prisoners and they started screaming before they fell to the ground into convulsions. He said it was inhumane and we continued to watch the movie. I don't know if it's true but he rarely told me about the two years he was over there. Very seldom would he tell me about his experiences.

This actually may be true in reality, and from what has been leaked and declassified over the years. The government has been tinkering with sound and sub-noise weapons for decades and decades.

Skin, on 05 Oct 2013 - 14:37, said:Skin, on 05 Oct 2013 - 14:37, said:

This actually may be true in reality, and from what has been leaked and declassified over the years. The government has been tinkering with sound and sub-noise weapons for decades and decades.

It's definitely true and based on the research of 2 scientists that discovered the ability of sound to deter and there were a few interesting things tested in Nam as well. However many of these types of weapons are not practical, efficient or work as necessary and is why they don't currently use them or for some weapons just use them in very specialized situations. Again the stories of such things often in reality end up being rather ho hum.