OS X Color Profile For LG LED/LCD

So I just got a Mac Mini (unfortunate that I can't update to 10.8.2) and I'm using an LG E2742 LED/LCD monitor. Eventually I'll get a Thunderbolt Display or two.

Does anyone know where or have the perfect color profile for a monitor like this? I don't like getting the wrong mixtures when I'm using Photoshop. :/ :/

If you want a perfect profile for your monitor you'll need to calibrate it manually, using the profiler built into the OS is probably enough, but an actual hardware device that detects what the monitor can output is much better.

The OS can pull some colour information out of the monitor, but that's pretty much always wrong (I had one monitor claim White was Yellow), and as a fallback sRGB is pretty much the best you can hope for.

Yea, that was my first attempt, I still feel as if the saturation might not be strong enough, but if I strengthen that, there might be too much contrast, I'm too picky.

I have a(n old) BenQ E2200HD, which have it's own dedicated color profile, but I more like the "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" profile. Try that.

All of the profiles I used had a brightness too high and a saturation too low, so I had to stick with my own calibration. :/