Google Drive - How they are going to handle piracy?

It's all over the news that from now on you can "attach" 10gb files to an email and send it to your family and friends.

My question is, Is there a limit for the bandwidth I use? And, how google is going to deal with piracy?

What stops Google Drive Email system from becoming the next megaupload just with emails?

I don't know if now that's still the case but last year I uploaded a 1 or 2 GB file to dropbox and after a few downloads I got "your account has been suspended" msg. (even though the content was mine and legit)

Tried to search Google drive help section to learn more without success.

Not sure, but RIAA hasn't gone after Google about Google music where you upload your own music files, under the agreement you agree to about only uploading files you legally have rights to.

I wouldn't worry about it, just use the thing until it becomes a problem then move onto the next thing!

What stops Google Drive Email system from becoming the next megaupload just with emails?

Does this actually worry you? I'm pretty sure Google has given this plenty of thought, it's not really anyone's problem except Google's.

• Like 2

Not sure, but RIAA hasn't gone after Google about Google music where you upload your own music files, under the agreement you agree to about only uploading files you legally have rights to.

Most likely because it's for personal use and actually sharing it isn't possible unless people have your account credentials. I believe some song providers sell DRM free these days as well, would be a bit of a hassle having to get someone to show receipts for a whole personal collection that could be DRM free.

As long as it stays for personal usage, the RIAA seem to rather spend their time going after the sharing sites/services.

I wouldn't worry about it, just use the thing until it becomes a problem then move onto the next thing!

Does this actually worry you? I'm pretty sure Google has given this plenty of thought, it's not really anyone's problem except Google's.

Actually it does. If i'll share something google won't like and the'll suspend my account like dropbox did.. losing my gmail account .. I'm getting the chills just from thinking about it.

Actually it does. If i'll share something google won't like and the'll suspend my account like dropbox did.. losing my gmail account .. I'm getting the chills just from thinking about it.

If you're that concerned, why don't you just create a secondary Google account with Gdrive attached to it? The reality is, any company at any time can suspend any account for any reason they want to. Your ISP can cut your Internet connection if they want to due to sharing. How is this any different? It's basically a "Use at your own risk" type system.