Meizu MX2 goes official

Meizu MX2 goes official - quad- core, HD screen and Jelly Bean

The Meizu MX2 has become official today, just as previously expected. The device comes with a new MX5S chipset with four 32nm Cortex-A9 CPU cores, 2 GB worth of RAM, a 4.4" screen of WXGA resolution (1280 x 800 pixels) with the impressive ~347 ppi density. There's also a faster GPU and Flyme 2.0 on top of Android Jelly Bean on board.

The Meizu MX2 will hit the shelves in China in the middle of December in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB versions. They will cost $400, $480 or $640 respectively or ?2,499/?2,999/?3,999. It remains unclear if the MX2 will launch globally and when.

The Meizu MX2 has borrowed many design cues from its predecessor's, but instead of a physical home button there is a capacitive one this time. The display on the Meizu MX2 has really thin bezels around it (3.15 mm), giving the smartphone an even more impressive look.

The camera on the back is still an 8 MP one - it's has a backside illuminated sensor abd an F/2.4 lens. The MX2 can do 9 frames per second in drive mode and comes with the Wide Dynamic Range mode we know from previous MXes and four-direction Panorama, among others.

The Meizu MX2 is powered by Jelly Bean, topped with Meizu's Flyme 2.0 UI. Aside from the backup to the cloud option Flyme offers, the smartphone will also offer video and lossless music cloud streaming, but we'll need to wait and see how good that actually is.

gsmarena_001.jpggsmarena_006.jpg

gsmarena_007.jpggsmarena_011.jpggsmarena_002.jpg

gsmarena_005.jpg

I don't care what anybody says.. I think this is a fantastic device. Yes its a direct copy of an iPhone 3gs with looks/style but I LOVE it.