driving speeding excuses sex appeal

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Silpheed2K

Silpheed2K

Neowinian

• 299 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:17

This will diffuse the officer or at least keep him calm, and if you have a ccw or open carry put your hands on your dash and explain to the officer that you have a weapon on you.

The bold portion of this quote I disagree with. Why should you let the officer know you have a weapon on you and alarm him further? He won't know and will not know unless you tell him or he searches you or your car, which you have a right to refuse. (yet you must remain cooperative, any issues need to be handled outside of this situation)
I view it as one the key CCW rules, which is never tell anybody that you have a weapon on you.

#17 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,471 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:39

Being pretty stubborn, if a woman tried the waterworks trick with me, I'd probably be more inclined to give her a ticket for trying to be deceitful :laugh:

The first time I ever got pulled over, I couldn't help bursting into tears. Definitely wasn't trying to--quite the opposite, I was trying desperately to stop. I was just really stressed and tight on money at the time and the thought of whether I'd be able to scrape together enough for a ticket just made me snap. :o I think the guy could tell it was for real though--he reduced it on the spot, didn't even make me go to court. But anyway, yeah, don't assume that it's always fake =/

#18 Raa

Raa

Resident something-or-rather

• 11,807 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:46

Boooooo-ring ;)

Okay, how about the fact you're operating a (possibly) lethal weapon that can kill people in an instant? Make you slow down a bit now?

Trust me, i've been in that situation before... it's easy to think we know it all, but "do the crime, do the time" is the way I see it now. :p

#19 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,471 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:49

Okay, how about the fact you're operating a (possibly) lethal weapon that can kill people in an instant? Make you slow down a bit now?

Trust me, i've been in that situation before... it's easy to think we know it all, but "do the crime, do the time" is the way I see it now. :p

Heh, I was partially joking. I'm well past the "invincible teenager" stage of life. I'm not stupid about it. But on the other hand, I've had motorbike training and done a bit of autocross--I know how to handle my car and how to drive defensively yet effectively ;)

#20 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:56

and if you have a ccw or open carry put your hands on your dash and explain to the officer that you have a weapon on you. Try to give him as much control over the situation as possible and your stop will go very smoothly and usually without much incident.

That is exactly the right thing if you have a ccw or open carry. However a few years ago I was pulled over, I explained to the officer that I had a ccw. He then proceeded to draw his weapon and told me to reach out the window with my right hand and open the door and get on the ground face down. I did so and somehow I did end up accidently getting kicked in my side, then kneed in my lower back. My firearm was then removed from my person, along with my wallet. After what seemed to be hours later, I was cuffed and pulled towards the rear of my truck, where I waited even longer till he ran me. I was allowed to leave after. Albeit with sore ribs and lower back.

Moral of this story: Be very wary of driving around with a ccw while in an area that has nothing but white cops. White cops hate Native Americans with guns.

#21 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:02

And I'm sure she'd be just as thrilled to see you again. :laugh:

Boooooo-ring ;)

Oh stop it Chrisma, you know you get hot when a cop gives you a ticket so he can see you in court.... :laugh:

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!