Man Accused of Killing Teen Over Loud Music

Police believe a Marietta teen was killed at a Florida gas station for playing loud music.

Jordan Davis, 17, was gunned down at a Jacksonville gas station Friday night. A family friend told Channel 2?s Craig Lucie the teen would split time between his mother?s home in Marietta and Jacksonville with his father.

Jacksonville police said Davis was with his friends when Michael Dunn, 45, pulled up near their car. Police said Dunn got into an argument with the group about the loud music they were playing. Then, Dunn fired eight to nine shots into the car, fatally wounding Davis, police said.

Dunn's attorney, Robin Lemonidis, said one of the teens pulled a shotgun on Dunn, and he retrieved his weapon from his glove compartment before opening fire. Lemonidis said that evidence will show Dunn acted responsibly.

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said no guns or drugs were found in the teens' SUV.

more

Ok I admit that when people are playing loud music like that the thought might enter your mind but to actually do it. Man violence never really solves anything.

^ True -- shoot the stereo. ;)

Ok I admit that when people are playing loud music like that the thought might enter your mind but to actually do it. Man violence never really solves anything.

solved the noise problem in this case ;)

Good to see opinions of killing OK'ed because the music was loud and you were disturbed. I mean, what kind of world do we live in, where one can be disturbed by loud noises?

Wait, someone should have shot the guy for causing a lot more noise and disruption with his gun. Stupid is as stupid does... sadly, teens were killed for no good reason.

Stricter gun laws must be had, as well as removing or totally redueing how Stand Your Ground can be used. Just because someone does something you don't like, you go pick a fight, and shoot a guy because you started to lose or felt threatened due to actions that all started and could have been prevented by you, shouldn't give you any immunity.

• Like 1

Does not surprise me at all. I saw this on the news a few days ago, right along side the man who stabbed his gf to death because of something she posted on FB...

• Like 1

Stricter gun laws must be had, as well as removing or totally redueing how Stand Your Ground can be used. Just because someone does something you don't like, you go pick a fight, and shoot a guy because you started to lose or felt threatened due to actions that all started and could have been prevented by you, shouldn't give you any immunity.

Stand your ground should be what its name implies.

Stand YOUR ground.

If you go out of your way to confront someone and are looking for trouble then you lose this right.

• Like 2

Stand your ground should be what its name implies.

Stand YOUR ground.

If you go out of your way to confront someone and are looking for trouble then you lose this right.

But people are trying to apply it to situations like this, or zimmermans. They go about confronting and agitating something that they don't need to, and then when they do something bad they try and rely on this law.

• Like 1

Now THIS Restores my faith in humanity! I HATE HATE HATE!, ****ing teens that play that loud music out of their car all hours of the night.

A man killing someone and fleeing the scene restores your faith in humanity?

You are a sick person.

• Like 3

The comments in this thread are a testament to why I have such intense distrust of gun advocates. Killing someone for being a little bit annoying is absolutely insane :/ and it's horrifying to see so many people that have no respect for the value of a human life.

• Like 3

Now THIS Restores my faith in humanity! I HATE HATE HATE!, ****ing teens that play that loud music out of their car all hours of the night.

lucky im no longer a teen :3 when i used to drive a car ... big speakers in the back with a state of the art radio with usb and 4.5 jack port :3 those long rides out on the open roads ... made easy by really really loud ... 80s music

I've wanted to do this so many times... :angry:

I have always wanted to create an emp device that would disable the stereo and the cell phone that is always so prevalently attached to the ear...

The comments in this thread are a testament to why I have such intense distrust of gun advocates. Killing someone for being a little bit annoying is absolutely insane :/ and it's horrifying to see so many people that have no respect for the value of a human life.

Javik.. Gun advocates don't advocate murder.. Murder has always been illegal..There are people with no respect for human life regardless of a firearm or not.

6 out of 14 comments in this thread are implying that it's perfectly OK to shoot someone if they play loud music. What is wrong with you? :/

I don't think anyone is implying it is OK to shoot someone for this. It's just sarcasm, expressing how most of us hate it when people feel the need to annoy others with their music.

He may be a victim, but I don't think it isn't common knowledge that most people hate it. No one is saying this guy didn't overreact (he very much so did.) But this just emphasizes, don't be an idiot and do something that is going to annoy or disturb the general public.

He is only victim, because he himself made himself a victim, even if the "punishment" was ridiculous and insane. Must always be aware there are people like this out there.