Surface Pro Pricing Revealed - 64GB for $899

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#46 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• 4,876 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:57

Unless you're very lucky these days, it's fairly common to have a job that has you performing tasks after you've stepped out for the day.

I guess that makes me lucky then, but if I had to work out of my working hours I'd expect my employer to provide every tool I'll need. I'd certainly not be spending any money on a laptop or tablet just to work a few more hours.

And I certainly don't spend time working on hours that I don't explicitly get paid for, anyway.

#47 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:09

I guess that makes me lucky then, but if I had to work out of my working hours I'd expect my employer to provide every tool I'll need. I'd certainly not be spending any money on a laptop or tablet just to work a few more hours.

And I certainly don't spend time working on hours that I don't explicitly get paid for, anyway.

Yes I would agree that makes you lucky.

The PC I was using at home and the laptop I referred to? Mine.
That phone? Mine...albeit with a discount on service due to the employer.

A lot of employers these days are also supporting BYOC setups to help avoid initial costs for equipment.

The desktop (and in a couple cases a laptop) were usually supplied by the employer. However that isn't always the case. The desktop still is usually issued, but I've been using my own laptops for the last few years almost exclusively.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!