#16 +Cryton

Cryton

Neowinian

Posted 29 November 2012 - 18:52

What part of this is a "humble bundle"?

- DRM-free? Nope
- Pay What you want? Not really
- Multi-platform? Nope

This is THQ selling out the Humble Bundle to peddle their products for cheap and raise some cash to stop them going under. :no:

What part of a company selling its game for cheap for the good of charities is not humble?

#17 vetMathachew

Mathachew

Wise beyond my youth... that's what she said!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 29 November 2012 - 18:56

I swore I wouldn't get another bundle until I played most, if not all, of the previous games I got from several other bundles, but this bundle is too good to pass up imo.

#18 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 29 November 2012 - 20:06

I just bought it for $20. Darksiders, Red Faction: Armageddon, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, and Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor all use one key for Steam. Saints Row: The Third has its own key so if you already have that game, you can give away the Steam key.

#19 protocol7

protocol7

It's Fumbles. It was always Fumbles.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 20:12

Saints Row: The Third has its own key so if you already have that game, you can give away the Steam key.

Unless they're in Germany. The key won't activate there because of their bonkers game content laws. I think Humble are looking into the issue.

#20 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 November 2012 - 20:12

got this just for saints row. I wish it would let me gift metro 2033 to someone else since i already have it, but i suppose these bundles don't work that way.

I had to adjust the slider to give most of the money to chatiry lol Weird how they'd even have that since its supposed to be for charity period.

It's not, technically, it never has been, but yeah, I always give it all to charity too.

#21 +Majesticmerc

Majesticmerc

Resident Idealist

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: HTC One X

Posted 29 November 2012 - 22:10

You can pay whatever you want...

No, you can't. The minimum price is a dollar, for other bundles it's always been a cent. It's technicalities, but it's still not "pay what you want" compared to the other bundles. (In their defence, I do understand that there's a restriction on price imposed by Valve to prevent spam accounts, which is why they do it).

People need to stop calling it the "Humble indie Bundle", it is called "Humble Bundle". If they want to toss out indie games then they will put Indie in the title just like they did for eBooks, Andriod, and Music. If a company wants to package there games and let the Humble Bundle guys sell what is the problem? Don't want to give money to THQ then put all the money towards charity and/or Humble tip.

Very true. I might still partake since I want Saints Row III and the new Red Faction, but my point was that the original Humble Bundle was aimed at getting indie developers some publicity, all the while making some money and doing some good for charity. This is just THQ selling their games cheap in their desperate bid to avoid bankruptcy.

What part of a company selling its game for cheap for the good of charities is not humble?

That wasn't my point. I'm fully supportive of THQ doing something for charity, and I'll probably buy in for SR3. My point was that in the beginning I liked the Humble Bundles because they exposed me to games that would otherwise not have been on my radar. This year there's been so many HBs that I've skipped most of them.

I dunno, I just think that HB used to be an event, now it's just an advertising campaign that repeats once a month.

#22 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 29 November 2012 - 22:16

It's a great deal, some good games for the price you pay (minimum of $5.57 to get Saint's Row)

#23 OP MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Don't stop BOlieving!

• Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 29 November 2012 - 22:30

No, you can't. The minimum price is a dollar, for other bundles it's always been a cent. It's technicalities, but it's still not "pay what you want" compared to the other bundles. (In their defence, I do understand that there's a restriction on price imposed by Valve to prevent spam accounts, which is why they do it).

AFAIK, the only other series of bundles that actually let you pay what you want is Indie Gala. They do something similar to Humble Bundle's beat-the-average, but it's always a fixed price (very reasonable though; the current bundle's bonus cost is $4.49). The other bundle series that I'm aware of (Indie Royale, Groupees, etc.) do the pay-what-you-want plan, but with a minimum price.

#24 Raa

Raa

Resident president

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 29 November 2012 - 22:34

Purchased!
I had half the games in the bundle already, but meh it's for charity - mostly! At least I got to give away my TSR3 key to a friend. :)

#25 Coolicer

Coolicer

Comrad General

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920 Black

Posted 29 November 2012 - 22:39

Guys,

THQ is in financial trouble. This really does feel like their last ditch effort to please the shareholders and generate
some cashflow to finish up the games they have in the pipeline. Metro 2034, CoH2 and SR4 (which isn't really in
the final stages of developent afaik)

So please, stop complaining about this not being a real indie bundle without DRM. Give your money to THQ, they need it.

Heck I've bought it just to help THQ and I've spent enough money on some of their games already.

#SaveTHQ

#26 +Majesticmerc

Majesticmerc

Resident Idealist

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: HTC One X

Posted 30 November 2012 - 00:05

AFAIK, the only other series of bundles that actually let you pay what you want is Indie Gala. They do something similar to Humble Bundle's beat-the-average, but it's always a fixed price (very reasonable though; the current bundle's bonus cost is $4.49). The other bundle series that I'm aware of (Indie Royale, Groupees, etc.) do the pay-what-you-want plan, but with a minimum price.

I meant bundles as in other Humble Bundles :p

#27 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 30 November 2012 - 00:06

Seems as if they have actually been getting some pretty generous donations, seen a few people that have given over $100

#28 strekship

strekship

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:10

I bit. Already have Company of Heroes, but it will be nice to have them on steam. The other games all look good too.

#29 ...w.K...

...w.K...

Banned!

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:41

Loving it. Gave the SR3 to a friend. :D

#30 spy beef

spy beef

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:42

I bought for $5.51 and gave it all to charity, THQ shall never get my money.