NEW iTunes Version Available for Download

Apparently it's not the rewrite we were hoping for, it's just a new UI.

Yeah, pretty much. I can say from a Windows perspective that it still runs like a dog with a slow start up time. The UI is welcome though because it just feels more clean.

No gapless option? Download a lot of live music from etree.org and do not see the option to make the albums gapless.

Am I missing something?

Apparently it's not the rewrite we were hoping for, it's just a new UI.

Why would Apple need to re-write a piece of software that has tons of devices depending on it? It is not like it was slow or anything drastic. It only had to be improved. And that's what Apple tried to do.

But is it worth the update?

I think it probably is worth the update, the UI is a lot cleaner, particularly if you use it to download apps for sync to your iDevices.

Why would Apple need to re-write a piece of software that has tons of devices depending on it? It is not like it was slow or anything drastic. It only had to be improved. And that's what Apple tried to do.

Too bad it actually is slow.

I love the changes. And the update was definitely ensured to the Mac Mini users since we also got the OS X 10.8.2 update that's been delayed for quite some time.

No gapless option? Download a lot of live music from etree.org and do not see the option to make the albums gapless.

Am I missing something?

Gapless playback has been possible for a while now. Select your album and go into "Options," there should be an option to mark it as gapless or not.

Gapless playback has been possible for a while now. Select your album and go into "Options," there should be an option to mark it as gapless or not.

I know the option was "Gapless Album" under "Skip when shuffling". It isn't there anymore though.

post-21852-0-71984300-1354236137.jpg