Google maps also has "clouded" satelite photos

Maybe the OP wants to defend apple maps, because that have large areas (whole cities) with clouds covered. But here I see just some streets covered....

Maybe the OP wants to defend apple maps, because that have large areas (whole cities) with clouds covered. But here I see just some streets covered....

Im not on any side, Just pointing out that gmaps also has this issue.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

You tagged it with Mapsgate. I understand you're like 12, but goddamn it, do you really need to go around acting it :|

The issue with Apple maps wasn't that there were clouds to be seen, but rather that clouds represent a majority of what could be seen. This is clearly not the case with Google Maps.

Also, to put this in context:

Map.jpg

A couple of little tufts of cloud, primarily on the left hand side away from everything.

Quit acting your age..

Go back a 2+ years and most of the satellite photos on google maps was clouds. There was whole countries that was all clouds, and what wasn't clouds was 500m pixels.

You tagged it with Mapsgate. I understand you're like 12, but goddamn it, do you really need to go around acting it :|

All I see this as is a trolling Apple fanboyism thread to get an invalid point across of how Apple Maps is amazing as has the same problems as Google Maps. Don't take the bait.

All I see this as is a trolling Apple fanboyism thread to get an invalid point across of how Apple Maps is amazing as has the same problems as Google Maps. Don't take the bait.

As I said, I don't take sides in the tech world. Neutral FTW.

Cant say ive ever noticed that on Google Maps before, in the UK anyway.

I wondered about that. I know Oregon is a very cloudy place in spots and I've often wondered how they got around that.

Time lots and lots of time. as I said, go back a couple of years and google maps was cloudy all over, getting cloudless satellite images requires lots of times since the images need to be retaken and retaken and it can only be done when the satellite passes over the area, so it takes time, lots and lots of time and a bit of luck. and much photo stitching.

It looks like Google are now also adding 45 degree photos of a lot of places, taken from helicopters i imagine. So a few random clouds will not always be an issue ;)

ru9ndj.png

I don't know if there's any truth to it, but I read that some of the cloud images on Apple Maps are a sneaky way of hiding the fact that they don't have satellite imagery for that area.

Wouldn't surprise me :p