little falls thanksgiving break-in felony cold-blooded murder

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#16 Rippleman

Rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 3,978 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 17:24

It is INCREDIBLY hard to shoot at an arm or a leg. Even more so if they are moving. You shoot the biggest part of the target, which turns out to the Center Of Mass. Just because you shoot someone in an arm or a leg, doesn't mean the threat is stopped.

i think what they mean not really a "shoot to kill" or just "shoot to wound", more of a "shoot and what happens happens"

#17 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,468 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 18:25

I wouldn't want to clean up the blood off my floor. :s

#18 Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

• 6,822 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 18:37

i think what they mean not really a "shoot to kill" or just "shoot to wound", more of a "shoot and what happens happens"

Maybe

#19 illegaloperation

illegaloperation

Neowinian Senior

• 1,998 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 19:05

Self defense is not the same as execution.

If someone breaks into a house he can be expected to be shot, but in no way is this type of execution justified.

#20 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 19:06

While he went slightly far, I have 0% sympathy for burglars

#21 Nogib

Nogib

Neowinian

• 660 posts
  • Phone: LG Nexus 5

Posted 30 November 2012 - 19:18

You break into someone's home, you flat out deserve whatever happens to you. Good riddance to those worthless kids.

#22 underthebridge

underthebridge

Neowinian

• 61 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 19:32

Look at that picture, he killed the girl too??.. What a raving lunatic to think she'd be any threat. He deserves to be behind bars for life. Just sickening.

#23 Fezmid

Fezmid

Neowinian

• 1,240 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 19:54

Look at that picture, he killed the girl too??.. What a raving lunatic to think she'd be any threat. He deserves to be behind bars for life. Just sickening.

Judging this based solely on a handpicked picture that was intended to make the kids seem like the good guys?

She was in and out of rehab. Was addicted to drugs/pills. The fact that she (allegedly) laughed at him after his gun jammed points to the fact that she probably wasn't in her right mind and was therefore a threat, especially with no way of knowing if she had a weapon.

The guy had been burglarized at least eight times in the past. The kids are suspected of having robbed multiple houses over the course of weeks/months. He may have gone overboard, but the kids were both definitely threats, especially in the heat of the moment.

#24 Sandor

Sandor

Neowinian Senior

• 3,995 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 22:30

I see literally nothing wrong with his response. If you burglar someones home, they should be able to end you. Simple as.

#25 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 22:35

I see literally nothing wrong with his response. If you burglar someones home, they should be able to end you. Simple as.

There's a little thing called reasonable force you may want to look-up.

#26 Sandor

Sandor

Neowinian Senior

• 3,995 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 22:42

There's a little thing called reasonable force you may want to look-up.

Which is a crock of bull****. "Reasonable force". GTFO. If someone enters your home to rob you they should get killed off with no nonsense.

A couple of scumbags visit this misfortune on a guy just sitting in his home and apparently he's now the bad guy. Who brought you up? Because clearly they didn't teach you common sense or morality.

#27 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• 6,069 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 22:46

I'm sure the gun nuts will defend him to the hilt but his actions went WAY beyond self defence.

#28 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 22:58

Which is a crock of bull****. "Reasonable force". GTFO. If someone enters your home to rob you they should get killed off with no nonsense.

A couple of scumbags visit this misfortune on a guy just sitting in his home and apparently he's now the bad guy. Who brought you up? Because clearly they didn't teach you common sense or morality.

A classy response but I guess I should have expected that kind of thing. " they should get killed off"...

I know the difference between self-defense and executing someone. If someone was injured and gasping and this 64 year old had the opportunity to position his gun under someones chin and fire they're clearly not an immediate threat to the homeowner.

#29 Sandor

Sandor

Neowinian Senior

• 3,995 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 23:04

A classy response but I guess I should have expected that kind of thing. " they should get killed off"...

I know the difference between self-defense and executing someone. If someone was injured and gasping and this 64 year old had the opportunity to position his gun under someones chin and fire they're clearly not an immediate threat to the homeowner.

So basically what you're saying is because he missed the kill on the first shot he's now the bad guy and the "injured and gasping" criminal is now vindicated.

Where do you stand? Do nothing? Only allowed one shot? Shouldn't use a gun at all?

#30 Simon-

Simon-

Neowinian Senior

• 10,724 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 23:11

So basically what you're saying is because he missed the kill on the first shot he's now the bad guy and the "injured and gasping" criminal is now vindicated.

Where do you stand? Do nothing? Only allowed one shot? Shouldn't use a gun at all?

You Sir are messed up. Breaking in does not give the homeowner an open license to kill you, breaking in the homeowner an open license to use REASONABLE FORCE to defend themselves. Reasonable Force means that they are allowed to SHOOT you, or SHOOT TO KILL you, up to the point where they are no longer in a position of having to defend themselves anymore.

If they are still alive, you don't get a "second shot" to kill them (You are allowed to defend yourself, and executions does not fit under defence), you call an ambulance to attempt to save them (even if you think it will be futile or they will die a slow painful death while waiting) and the criminal justice system takes over

Basically when you are shooting to kill them, the aim is to kill them so that they can't harm you, the aim is not to kill them as a way of giving them your own justice.