hostess brands inc. buy-out fast and furious

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 ponytail

ponytail

what happened to my hair?!

• 403 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:12

Agreed, super messed up. This is after the union had already accepted cuts years ago in order for the business to keep running. In hindsight, it was only a matter of time. People are trying to eat healthier, and these sugary snack foods were the first thing off most people's lists (seriously, the only time I ever bought these was at a gas station in the middle of nowhere during a road trip), and it definitely didn't help that management was terrible either (7 different CEOs in 10 years.. that's very high turnover).

It's times like these that make me want more Elizabeth Warrens in a sense. Clearly the wealthy have had things stacked in their favor for quite some time, I'm hoping the pendulum swings the other way for a change to benefit the middle class for once.

The first bankruptcy run, both unions agreed to cuts, this time around only the teamsters did.

#17 excalpius

excalpius

Neowinian Senior

• 4,704 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:17

The first bankruptcy run, both unions agreed to cuts, this time around only the teamsters did.

Well if I knew that the new owners and managers had increased their salaries by 400% or more (true) I wouldn't be all that interested in taking a SECOND massive pay cut either...

#18 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• 5,512 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:26

Of course the future is assured. They would just be stupid to file bankruptcy and not sell off the rights to their products. That's why I've found the whole selling and buying on ebay to be so funny. There was never a question that someone else would buy the rights to their products and continue to make them.

#19 betax

betax

Neowinian Fanatic

• 386 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:13

And so the management of the company gets golden parachutes as the company comes to a close.

#20 ponytail

ponytail

what happened to my hair?!

• 403 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:13

Well if I knew that the new owners and managers had increased their salaries by 400% or more (true) I wouldn't be all that interested in taking a SECOND massive pay cut either...

Nor would I.