Photo

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 brainsuck

brainsuck

Neowinian

Posted 01 December 2012 - 14:15

Big bug found with office 2013 win 8 and phones If you reinstall to many times this will happen to you beware
I started receiving the same issue. I formatted my hard drive and installed Windows 8 Pro and Office 2013 Pro Plus RTM, then the issues begun.
Outlook 2013 says I have too many devices connected to my account and same with the Mail app.
Only way I can check my email is logging in via Internet Explorer.
When I manage my account, I only have my Windows 7 and this Windows 8 Pro PC Win Phone 7.5 trusted on my account.

http://answers.micro....8-40564904edbe

#2 RedX

RedX

Neowinian

Posted 01 December 2012 - 16:40

I had this issue, but I had to delete all sub folders from outlook leaving only the inbox. I just moved all the other emails I had in the other folders I deleted the inbox folder and search for what I need when I need it.

#3 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 01 December 2012 - 16:42

How many is too many?

#4 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 01 December 2012 - 16:48

I'm guessing noone who complained about this bug actually tried calling MS about it and just had it fixed instead of whining on the internet, right ...

#5 jackkk1

jackkk1

Neowinian

Posted 01 December 2012 - 16:58

Bug who appears after you've re-installed windows 8 several times with HDD formatting? Sounds legit.

#6 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 01 December 2012 - 17:04

It would be funny if it only effected the people who thinks it's a good idea to reinstall windows every month.

#7 OP brainsuck

brainsuck

Neowinian

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:51

It does not happen with office 2010 installed I f you are testing the os you do reinstall a lot driver are not up to speed with 8 yet ect

#8 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:26

Not really had any driver issues with any of my computers on windows 8, and testing the OS does not mean you reinstall a lot, if you reinstall to switch OS' you run dual boot. there's really no reason to reinstall a lot, especially since windows 8 also comes with the refresh function.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!