florida new state law felony usda agent

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,017 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 19:30

^ True story. When I was 9, I had a pet rabbit. It was black and its name was, inevitably, Bugsy. He was kept in his own hutch by the back door. My dad at the time was into breeding rabbits for the pot, and had a nice little side business selling them to the local butchers.

One day I come home from school a little late, just in time for dinner. "What is it?" I ask, "Rabbit stew." says dad and I tuck in. Yummy.

After dinner, I go out back to feed Bugsy, and he's not there. I check the hutch, I look around (he escaped regularly), but can't find him, so I go back inside and ask dad.

Who wants to guess what the answer was? :s

I don't eat rabbit anymore, but I'd happily munch on a horseburger!

#32 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

☆♡Neowin's portion of Crazy♡☆

• 10,729 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black (6.0.2)

Posted 02 December 2012 - 21:44

^ True story. When I was 9, I had a pet rabbit. It was black and its name was, inevitably, Bugsy. He was kept in his own hutch by the back door. My dad at the time was into breeding rabbits for the pot, and had a nice little side business selling them to the local butchers.

One day I come home from school a little late, just in time for dinner. "What is it?" I ask, "Rabbit stew." says dad and I tuck in. Yummy.

After dinner, I go out back to feed Bugsy, and he's not there. I check the hutch, I look around (he escaped regularly), but can't find him, so I go back inside and ask dad.

Who wants to guess what the answer was? :s

I don't eat rabbit anymore, but I'd happily munch on a horseburger!

To be honest, that was rather insensible of your dad.

I don't want to badmouth him, but shame on him - with all due respect.

Glassed Silver:mac

#33 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,017 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 22:18

To be honest, that was rather insensible of your dad.

I don't want to badmouth him, but shame on him - with all due respect.

Glassed Silver:mac

I didn't speak to him for 3 months. :p Mind you, IIRC, I spent at least half of that crying! :( So mean!

#34 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,360 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 02 December 2012 - 22:32

I couldn't eat a horse either, because I have a strong empathy for most animals, and my love of horses falls into the pet zone. :wub:

With all the deer, chicken, fish, turkey, cow meat, etc. we have we certainly don't need horse meat.

I don't go as far as PETA, but I can see that the animals raised for food, could be treated a lot more humanely.

Judging from that progress, soon you won't be able to eat plant either, because they become your pet.

#35 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 23:46

You get hungry enough you can eat anything.

#36 slumdogtrillionaire

slumdogtrillionaire

Neowinian

• 249 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:14

Yet people have no problem killing plants and eat their offspring.

They have feelings, too!

plants use animal digestion to propagate their seed. not like that with animals. go vegetarian.

Yet people have no problem killing plants and eat their offspring.

They have feelings, too!

already replied to that

So we should just kill other peoples animals for food then ?

you dont need to kill any animals .. really.

#37 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 3,965 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:24

I had raw horse once, just one mouthful, was bloody awful.
Probably would have tasted better cooked.

#38 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

• 3,171 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:46

For those who tasted horse meat, does it taste better than chicken?

#39 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,959 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:18

you dont need to kill any animals .. really.

I'd rather eat what I'm supposed to instead of taking a bunch of supplement pills, it's natural.

I'm the top of the food chain, the other animals, they exist to feed me or feed my food.

#40 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,017 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:14

For those who tasted horse meat, does it taste better than chicken?

It has a flavour and texture not unlike beef.

#41 slumdogtrillionaire

slumdogtrillionaire

Neowinian

• 249 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:37

I'd rather eat what I'm supposed to instead of taking a bunch of supplement pills, it's natural.

I'm the top of the food chain, the other animals, they exist to feed me or feed my food.

i know what you are talking about and no you wont need them. just stick with dairy it will keep you fine. take the step whenever you want to, dont get scared by the fear mongering like you'll mss this nutrient or that mineral or this vitamin or that protein. you have to do it yourself to see it work. do it in a group or under supervision if you're scared (i.e. you've rationalised the necessity of meat with reams of scientific literature).

#42 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

☆♡Neowin's portion of Crazy♡☆

• 10,729 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black (6.0.2)

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:05

i know what you are talking about and no you wont need them. just stick with dairy it will keep you fine. take the step whenever you want to, dont get scared by the fear mongering like you'll mss this nutrient or that mineral or this vitamin or that protein. you have to do it yourself to see it work. do it in a group or under supervision if you're scared (i.e. you've rationalised the necessity of meat with reams of scientific literature).

Your dedication and also your initiative to help people join the vegetarian lifestyle is certainly inspiring and I salute you for that, however I sense - knowing you're all friendly and don't want to come across rude - that your wording is a little weird in that it implies it is a superior way of dealing with food, animals etc.

I think I cannot live without meat, not physically, but I don't want to and it's not unnatural to think like that. I know pills aren't required, however for some people there will be something that's greatly missed.

I think - vegetarian or not - can understand that if you appreciate food and eating as well as cooking that there will always be things people don't want to live without.
My biggest loss in case of an allergy or other reason for abstinence would be cheese and I get CRAZY when I take anti-biotics and have to vegetate (:laugh:) without cheese during that time.

Unwanted abstinence from food you absolutely love can be as bad as malnutrition in terms of feeling good in your life.

And whilst I would never eat sheep brains like some French people do, even finding it disgusting, I say good on them.

I think it's important to treat every animal with respect and humanity regardless on your stance on whether it's ok or not to eat them.
There's a lot of violation of that rule going on and I hate it.

Glassed Silver:ios

#43 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,017 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:28

^ The proper diet is the balanced diet. We need a healthy combination of plant and meat to be fully healhy, and doing completely without one of those is not good for your body.

#44 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 7,093 posts
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:38

Is that good with horseradish ?

http://www.badum-tish.com/

But seems a bit knee jerk to ban one sort of meat because a few were flaunting it. Better idea would be to step up policing rather than out right banning.

#45 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,959 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:40

Why would I want to stop eating meat...