53 replies to this topic

#46 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 6,942 posts
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 03 December 2012 - 13:02

Why would I want to stop eating meat...

I certainly wouldn't. You need a nice balance of all food stuffs to keep the body in working order and if part of a Cows diet was meat, they wouldn't think twice before taking a bite out of you.

Sadly, as with any alternative thinking, Vegetarianism/Veganism (read: pescatarians) suffers from it's die hard fan boys who, instead of quietly getting on with their choice of diet, feel the need to shout it from the roof tops and force us all 'to believe' it's the only right way both for health reasons and ethical reasons. Both utter crap imho.

P.S. Horse meat, while not terrible, isn't something i'd like to consume to much. It's a lot like a darker beef and a bit tougher.

#47 +devHead

devHead

Get Off The Bandwagon, Put Down The Handbook

• 2,709 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 521

Posted 03 December 2012 - 13:29

Reminds me of this:
http://theoatmeal.com/story/eat_horses

#48 slumdogtrillionaire

slumdogtrillionaire

Neowinian

• 249 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 14:42

Why would I want to stop eating meat...

the point is you dont need to describe it as what you're 'supposed' to eat in the larger context of mankind. you can flourish without supplements on a meat free diet.

#49 slumdogtrillionaire

slumdogtrillionaire

Neowinian

• 249 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 14:49

I certainly wouldn't. You need a nice balance of all food stuffs to keep the body in working order and if part of a Cows diet was meat, they wouldn't think twice before taking a bite out of you.

Sadly, as with any alternative thinking, Vegetarianism/Veganism (read: pescatarians) suffers from it's die hard fan boys who, instead of quietly getting on with their choice of diet, feel the need to shout it from the roof tops and force us all 'to believe' it's the only right way both for health reasons and ethical reasons. Both utter crap imho.

P.S. Horse meat, while not terrible, isn't something i'd like to consume to much. It's a lot like a darker beef and a bit tougher.

you referring to this guy? gross video btw. :ninja: https://www.youtube....h?v=1tlt7KNMAos

#50 slumdogtrillionaire

slumdogtrillionaire

Neowinian

• 249 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 14:54

Your dedication and also your initiative to help people join the vegetarian lifestyle is certainly inspiring and I salute you for that, however I sense - knowing you're all friendly and don't want to come across rude - that your wording is a little weird in that it implies it is a superior way of dealing with food, animals etc.

Unwanted abstinence from food you absolutely love can be as bad as malnutrition in terms of feeling good in your life.

I think it's important to treat every animal with respect and humanity regardless on your stance on whether it's ok or not to eat them.
There's a lot of violation of that rule going on and I hate it.

Glassed Silver:ios

Thanks. i totally dig that you should eat what you like i'd just add that it should be preferably wholehome food (not mc donalds). My respect to you for thinking animals deserve respect and need to be humanely treated.

#51 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 6,942 posts
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 03 December 2012 - 14:57

you referring to this guy? gross video btw. :ninja: https://www.youtube....h?v=1tlt7KNMAos

Ha urgh, yeah pretty nasty video and yeah that's the sort of guy i'm talking about. The 'Vegan or die!' types.

Each to their own i say!

#52 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• 12,077 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 15:03

i lol'd at "undercover USDA agent"

#53 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 03 December 2012 - 15:09

I'd rather eat what I'm supposed to instead of taking a bunch of supplement pills, it's natural.
I'm the top of the food chain, the other animals, they exist to feed me or feed my food.

That statement is ridiculous. People have eaten an ridden horses for thousands of years. No one is saying you have to eat cow. No one is saying you have to eat horse. You must intake something.

#54 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,649 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 03 December 2012 - 15:12

There was a Norwegian restaurant on the Norwegian version of Kitchen Nightmares, which served horse beef, which the fixer up chef suggested they market more and keep on with, as it made them stand out, and it was supposedly excellent meat, far more tender than Ox(even if most Ox in the store entered the slaughterhouse as cows before they magically turned into more expensive Ox....).

So I'm not sure it's correct that it's tougher, I guess it depends on how the horse has been treated and fed and brought up. a riding horse probably isn't as tender, but I dunno.

That statement is ridiculous. People have eaten an ridden horses for thousands of years. No one is saying you have to eat cow. No one is saying you have to eat horse. You must intake something.

I never said I was against eating horse, that was in reference to not eating meat.