Photo

Man poisoned by wife says he still loves her, but ...

florida attempted murder anti-depressant pills

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Simon-

Simon-

Neowinian Senior

• 10,724 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:37

It's not trust I have a problem with, it's that marriage in itself, is not longer a necessity of our society. It used to be to gain land and other provisions. But now, all it does is give you benefits from the government, that really, any couple should be entitled to. Just because you went through some ceremony and have a piece of paper that says you said "I Do", shouldn't give you any special treatment over those couples who do not want to go through that useless tradition anymore.
Marriage doesn't make your bond any stronger. It doesn't bring anything other than government benefits at this day of age.

I half agree with you. I think that the question of Marriage should be completely taken out of government, where Marriage has no bearing on entitlements, the only thing that should matter as far as assessing tax/benefits is a "single income unit", whether that is Husband & Wife, De facto, two friends, a man with 3 wives, three women, a gay couple, whatever. As long as they are pooling their money together that is all which really matters.

Marriage should still be there on a civil level however, if people want to get married in their own beliefs, to make them feel good, keep traditions, or whatever, that is up to them. They can find whichever celebrant they want (JoP, Rabbi, Priest) and whether the celebrant will agree to do the ceremony with them i between them and the celebrant, and between the celebrant and organisation he belongs to if he belongs to one (eg: Catholic Church), nothing to do with Government, but people are still free to get married on a traditional level without special government treatment based on the marriage itself unless the couple also decide to join income units as well.

#17 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 24,762 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:53

Honestly who can you trust? lol

Not her!

Posted Image

#18 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 8,653 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:11

It's not trust I have a problem with, it's that marriage in itself, is not longer a necessity of our society. It used to be to gain land and other provisions. But now, all it does is give you benefits from the government, that really, any couple should be entitled to. Just because you went through some ceremony and have a piece of paper that says you said "I Do", shouldn't give you any special treatment over those couples who do not want to go through that useless tradition anymore.
Marriage doesn't make your bond any stronger. It doesn't bring anything other than government benefits at this day of age.

Well that's what it means to you anyway. It means a lot more than that to me. In my country if I'm defacto, I get the same benefits, so that blows that theory out of the water.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!