Butcher Fingered

Russian police are investigating after housewife Marina Bugaev's found a diamond ring inside a pack of sausage meat.

The 50-year-old mother of three from Izhevsk, Russia, told local media: "I was cutting the sausages up when the knife hit something hard.

"When I saw it was a diamond ring I nearly fainted, my first though was where is the finger, and I then wanted to know if there was a finger where is the rest of the body?"

A local jeweller confirmed the ring was a genuine diamond ring, and Marina then contacted the sausage producer directly.

She said: "I thought maybe it had slipped off someone?s finger and I didn?t want them to be deprived of such a beautiful thing."

But bosses at the sausage plant made her suspicious when they rejected it could have been in the meat, or that it could have been possible for such a thing to happen.

She said: "They told me it was the first they had heard of it and none of their staff had lost any jewellery. I thought it sounded strange so I contacted police."

source

post-37120-0-16529100-1354376293.jpg

She said: "I thought maybe it had slipped off someone?s finger and I didn?t want them to be deprived of such a beautiful thing."

That would be my first thought too. But these days you never know.

I would make sure the sausage was properly cooked and have it with beer. Probably some mustard or a tomato sauce would be good.

So. besides managing to take the worst picture in the world of it. it's not like it's a secret mobile prototype and she couldn't wait until she got a decent camera. She also somehow manages to magically create a perfect cut in the sausage through the ring, without cutting the ring in half....

I would make sure the sausage was properly cooked and have it with beer. Probably some mustard or a tomato sauce would be good.

I was thinking it would pair well with fava beans and a nice chilled Chianti.

I was thinking it would pair well with fava beans and a nice chilled Chianti.

That would work as well. Having the ring would just allow you to sell it and get more trimmings with your sausage...