Wii U Can Stream MP4 Videos Directly From Your Computer

European Nintendo fans are only just getting their hands on the shiny new Wii U console today, but users in the States are starting to find out some cool hidden features - such as the ability to stream MP4 videos straight from your computer.

Entering your computer's IP address into the Wii U browser allows you to beam movies directly to your GamePad and TV. Unfortunately the browser doesn't support AVI or MKV files - just like it supports HTML5, but not Adobe Flash.

This is a pretty nice little feature for the Wii U, and rather unexpected. Will you be trying this out? If so, let us know how you get on in the comment section below.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/wii_u_can_stream_mp4_videos_directly_from_your_computer

Nice, I need to check this out for kicks and giggles. Most of my movie files are .mkv files, but worth checking out regardless.

Remux them to mp4 and tag with metax

What type of software can I use to remux an mkv file to mp4 on Windows? For OSX I use Subler, but I can't find a windows equivalent. Thanks.

What type of software can I use to remux an mkv file to mp4 on Windows? For OSX I use Subler, but I can't find a windows equivalent. Thanks.

Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate does a great job, but it's not free, and I've had subpar luck with free alternatives. There was one that was pretty good, but I'm spacing on the name right now.